3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2010 12:58 PM by Fofo RSS

anyone struggling with upgrade program? (refusing serial number)

ACC533213

Hi guys, trying to use Slingbox upgrade program and it refuses my serial number of my SB Pro - anyone else having any grief?

obviously ive triple checked ive got serial no right!

John

• Re: anyone struggling with upgrade program? (refusing serial number)
          Apprentice

Hi ACC533213,

Did you purchase the Slinbox in the US or a different country, it applies only for Canada and US

Special Upgrade Program

**Upgrade program is only available to customers within the U.S. and Canada.**

Regards

• Re: anyone struggling with upgrade program? (refusing serial number)
              Mudge00

I have posted elesewhere that I too am having difficulty with getting the upgrade programme. I have a photo of the base of my slingbox so am utterly convinced I am typing the correct serial number in.

Slingmedia - please can you contact me - I am desparate to upgrade to a HD so that we can use our ipad. Box was purchased in the UK approx 15 months ago. Its obviously logged on so you should be able to verify its status .

Just re read your comment saying upgrade programme only available in the USA and Canada. This cannot be true as

a) I am identified as a UK owner and was sent an email from yourselves informing me of the upgrade programme

b) your upgrade page indicates a £40 off voucher is available from your UK site (see below)

Save ₤40 on a new Slingbox PRO-HD

If you currently own a Slingbox Classic or Slingbox PRO, you are eligible to receive ₤40 off a new Slingbox PRO-HD. To qualify, you'll be asked to enter your serial number to receive your discount code.

#upgradeWidgetContainer

Sling Media is encouraging customers who own these earlier versions of Slingbox to upgrade to a Slingbox PRO-HD to take advantage of next generation software and services that will only be supported when using the most current Slingbox and SlingLoaded products.

Current Slingbox functionality will not be affected if you choose not to upgrade, but software like SlingPlayer Mobile for iPad, and future services yet to be announced, will only be supported for customers using Slingbox SOLO or Slingbox PRO-HD products or forthcoming SlingLoaded products.

I have now confirmed that the serial no. works on the US website upgrade voucher but DOES not work on the UK site. As far as I am aware this is a UK slingbox and was fitted with a UK plug as standard. It is PAL not NTSC.

Slingmedia - PLEASE CAN YOU REPLY