6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2010 5:26 PM by Dana RSS

Re:audio

kenpat1

Installed iPad app and was directed to update firmware, which I did.  Everything works fine except I have no audio. I now have no audio on my iPhone either. I have tried the setup process and it dwells at 40% during the "testing Internet viewing" stage and then times out and says to retry.  Any ideas??? Thanks in advance for your help.

• Re:audio
          alguy70

If you haven't already done so, I would try unplugging the Slingbox from the power outlet for 30 seconds and then reconnecting it to power.  This will reboot (so to speak) the box and may solve your issue.  If it doesn't then try the setup again since the box has now been rebooted.  Also the iPad app doesn't have a slider bar for audio like the phone app, so be sure your audio is turned up with the buttons on the side of the iPad.  Thanks, Wayne.

Expert

Hey kenpat1 - if you're still having difficulty with no audio, here are a couple of things to try:

Don't hear any sound? Can't adjust the sound? Here's what to check.

If that doesn't help - check to see if you have audio when viewing your Slingbox via watch.slingbox.com - if not, then check this article out:

Slingbox audio issues: Basic troubleshooting

Hope that helps!

The Slingbox Support Crew

tee10tan

I have just purchased the slingplayer mobile for iPad. I already have the iPhone version, my slingbox is the pro HD with the latest firmware. I have no audio when using the iPad version except in preview channels like 205 in DirecTV, but no issue with the iPhone version, why? How can I correct this? Trouble shooting page said maybe the volume slider was down, but there is not slider in the iPad version. How do I adjust voulme without a slider? Please help.

brohmer Newbie

Was wondering if there is a way to adjust volume in the program or only using the volume selector on the iPad itself

Expert

Yes, there is no volume slider in the SlingPlayer Mobile for iPad software - however the iPad's hardware buttons can adjust the volume, or you can see if your remote has volume controls in the MISC menu option:

button.misc.png

menu.misc.png

Expert

Hey all - just FYI, the following article has been updated to include iOS 4.2-specific behavior:

Don't hear any sound? Can't adjust the sound? Here's what to check.

For instance, you can double-tap the iPad Home button to access the system volume slider for yet another way to control your SlingPlayer Mobile volume... details in the article!