4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2011 3:41 PM by Fofo RSS

Router Looses Wireless Internet connection After Sling Box is turned on

dilaurs

This just started happening and is really weird. When sling box is started, it runs for a few minutes then my router (Linksys wrt54g) drops all wireless connections to the internet.

Everything was working fine until Sunday then Poof, this started happening.

A little about my network topology... slingbox is attached to a Linksys WET610N dual band access point.  The access point is connected to the Linksys wrt54G. The router is then connected to the cable modem. All the wireless connections fail once the Slingbox is up and running for a few minutes on the wireless lan. Currently there are 4 laptops , a PS3 and a printer on the wireless lan and an IP phone on the wired lan.

To fix the problem, I simply reboot the router by unplugging it for a few seconds and then plug it back in. All the wireless connections start to work until the Slingbox is turned back on.

My guess it is either the mysterious power supply problem on the slingbox or my router is telling me it needs to be replaced.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this or have a recommendation on how to fix/troubleshoot?

Steve