1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 25, 2010 7:18 AM by ndoren RSS

No control in android app for changing video/audio quality settings

Kloid

New devices using android are coming out to the market daily, this is not an area to ignore, especially because we coughed up 30 bucks for this software. I am on an Archos 101 internet tablet and it is a great device to use as a portable tv with slingbox, however the application has no way to change streaming settings like the web browser version or PC versions do. When I am at home I should be able to watch high quality on this device, but all I get is a low quality SD type of pixilated picture. I am sure it would look fine on a phone size screen, but why not put a control in this app so it looks good on a 10.1 inch screen. I know you can do it, so give us the option.  Thanks

• Re: No control in android app for changing video/audio quality settings
          ndoren Newbie

I don't speak for Sling and I'm not an expert, but it's pretty obvious that the Player has an adaptive bit rate that's negotiated automatically and out of the hands of the user.  They're still on the initial release of the app, which was developed long before any of the tablets appeared on the market.  So, until an update comes along, unfortunately you get what you get.  Neall