3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2010 10:32 PM by Bash RSS

3 to 5 Minutes OK then Video and Audio Freeze

CEOB

I have been in Japan for the past month and have a Slingbox PRO HD in my California house. At all times of the day and night (for testing purposes) for the past several months in Japan and from my office in San Francisco, I have connected to my slingbox both through my laptop and a Slingcatcher that I have set up in my Japanese apartment. The audio and video are fine for the first 3 to 5 minutes, then everything freezes up. The only option is to exit, then re-start for another 3 to 5 minutes. I have Comcast in California- and actually upgraded my speeds to 22MBS but to no avail. I check the download and upload speeds from my Tokyo apt and had checked from home and they are both always in the high teens.  This is very frustrating. In my California house and in my Tokyo apt. I do use the slingmedia hookups that go through the electrical outlets as the routers are not near the cable boxes/DVRs i am using. I have seen a lot on the Boards here about power cords, etc. It seems to me that Slingmedia really has to figure out the problems here-- otherwise it will be a customer relations disaster. Any thoughts.

• Re: 3 to 5 Minutes OK then Video and Audio Freeze
          Bash Newbie

I live in Okinawa and have been having intermittent video freeze problems with my Pro-HD streaming from Colorado.  There is a separate thread that addresses all those problems (just search for Pro HD video freeze but audio ok) and how to downgrade firmware to version 1.3.17, the version that worked without freezeup problems before any further upgrades.  Your problem sounds different because you have total freeze of both audio and video.  Most of us who are having problems are seeing video freeze for 2 to 3 seconds every 2 to 3 seconds, but audio is okay.  My SB is connected to the router via Turbolink like you have set up.

CEOB

Thanks for your quick reply. I will try to downgrade the firmware and see how that works. I’ll also test connecting the box directly to the router in California and remove the Turbolink to see if that has any effect.  Thanks again, Chris

*** Edited for clarity by Moderator. ***

Bash Newbie

I did read something the other day that recommended not doing firmware upgrades on a Slingbox connected through Turbolink.  It said to have the person directly connect the SB to the router and do it that way.  You will have to disconnect if from the TV box during this time, but you can then reconnect using Turbolink when done.  I might try this if I get the courage to upgrade to the latest 2.1.11 version firmware (new this week).