5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2011 8:12 AM by 255909662557039 RSS

google tv

mibsys1

will not work with google tv /sony, is there download?    

• Re: google tv
          callanish Apprentice

No, it's not compatible with the android slingbox app, nor through the browser and nothing yet exists to make it so, but I do think Slingmedia, hopefully sooner than later, will have to support third party hardware at some point considering there's no more catcher and people need another way to use their slingbox watching it on their TV without having to keep using a computer to do the heavy lifting. If we're never going to get a Slingcatcher 2.0, supporting Android on something like Google TV, in my opinion, would be the next best thing.

Apprentice

Hi callanish and all, we are working in a new Slingplayer for Google TV, feel free to access the link below if you would like to sing up to test it.

Slingplayer for Google TV Beta Sign up

Regards

callanish Apprentice

Thanks for the offer, but at this point I don't have a google TV device. I have two slingcatchers and three Roku's in the house, but nothing to run the sling google tv app. If the sling app is never released on another platform, like the Roku, what I'll probably do, at some point, is buy a logitech revue and run the sling app software on it to see how much the picture quality has improved over the dated slingcatcher. I'm under the impression that the slingcatcher is the bottle neck to my network when streaming remotely from a slingbox 5000 miles away. I am getting speeds nowhere near my upload connection (5mb's upload) from the slingbox to the slingcatcher, so I'm hoping that the google TV sling app will be more efficient and technologically superior to the catcher allowing me to improve upon my streaming speeds.

siratfus

The PS3 support was mentioned by sling sometime in Jan of 2010. It's been 18 months since and they are getting closer, but for the google tv. Sling people, what happened to the ps3?

255909662557039 Newbie

Yeah, what happened to the ps3 app we THOUGHT we were getting in 2010? It's almost 2012, ya'll. Come on! If you need to hire developers, just put out an ad on craigslist for some interns to develop a sling app for ps3. I'm SURE you'll get people like me who will do it for free... that is, if it's about the benjamins.