3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2010 8:40 AM by ranaleon RSS

PC Shuts Down and Restarts While Watching Slingbox

myJL1956

Ever since Slingbox requested we updated the software to our laptop for viewing our Slingbox Pro HD on Windows, our PC periodically shuts down and restarts without warning. This only happens at some point when we are watching our programming on Slingbox over the Web. The problem does not occur any other time when using the laptop or when surfing he Web. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot or fix this issue?

• Re: PC Shuts Down and Restarts While Watching Slingbox
          sirs2305

I've been having the same problem for the last couple of weeks.  I can watch downloaded videos for hours on end with no problems, but when I watch via my Slingbox, it craps out at various time intervals - sometimes 20 minutes, sometimes 2 minutes.  Mine doesn't restart though - the computer just shuts down outright and I have to initiate the restart on it.  After it is back up, I log back into my Slingbox and try to watch again, and within minutes it dies again.  Any help would be great.

myJL1956

The problem we were having  has corrected itself. Ours started after Slingbox updated the software. Since posting the problem, our laptop no longer unexpectedly shuts down while watching the Slingbox. I was going to uninstall the Slingbox software and then re-install it. I thought perhaps it was a software-related issue or glitch causing the shutdown. Anytime I've had problems with different softrware usually uninstalling/reinstalling solves the problem. If you continue having this problem, try that. If you don't know how to uninstall/reinstall, check the forum for information. I'm sure you'll find something posted there.

Apprentice

Hi, sirs2305

We'd like to know if the information provided here helped you to find an answer for your request. Make sure to post your results.