2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2011 5:55 PM by maggi38 RSS

Audio but Video is Distorted

maggi38

I have not had my Slingbox Pro connected in a while.  I connected it this week directly to my cable line.  I am able to configure it and it goes through finding the channels etc, but when I try to watch all I see is a garbled screen with mostly green, but lots of colors.  I hear the audio fine and can change channels etc.  What is wrong?  is my Slingbox broken or is it a configuration or a network issue?

• Re: Audio but Video is Distorted
          Apprentice

Hi Maggi38,

Did you try a different coaxial cable? You need to verify if the issue is with the coaxial cable or the signal, so you can try to use a different cable or connect the Slingbox to another source like a DVD or a cable box to check if the issue persists. You can try to use a different Input on the Slingbox to verify if this happens not only with the coaxial configuration

Regards

• Re: Audio but Video is Distorted
              maggi38

I have tried connecting to my DVR and connecting directly to the cable.  I have used the coaxial cable connection, the S-Video connection, and the Composite video connection.  In all cases I get audio as it should be, can change channels and all is good.  The issue is the screen is totally scrambled.  It has a green tint, but there is nothing distinguishable about the picture at all.  Any other suggestions?