2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2010 4:41 PM by dxmichael RSS

Is it possible to record TV with Pro-HD and how about DVB-T H.264 support?

Giedrius

Hi,

Can somebody help me to find answer to these questions:

1. Is any way to record TV programs (shedule record for later viewing) with Pro-HD or windows software?

2. Does Pro-HD support DVB-T (H.264) and DVB-C (Mpeg2)?

3. If I will buy Pro-HD in USA will I have possibility to take it to Europe and watch  DVB-T and DVB-C programs?

Thanks for Answers!

• Re: Is it possible to record TV with Pro-HD and how about DVB-T H.264 support?
          Apprentice

Hi, Giedrius.

1. Is any way to record TV programs (shedule record for later viewing) with Pro-HD or windows software?

As long as you use a supported DVR attached to your Slingbox PRO HD, you will be able to record your favorite TV shows.

2. Does Pro-HD support DVB-T (H.264) and DVB-C (Mpeg2)?

Since the Slingbox models and SlingCatcher work with the same technology, the following link will provide you with the requested information.

SlingCatcher File Playback/Conversion FAQ

3. If I will buy Pro-HD in USA will I have possibility to take it to Europe and watch  DVB-T and DVB-C programs?

You just need to make sure about the TV Video Format you will use in Europe. The US Slingbox PRO HD will support the NTSC (National Television System Committee) TV format. If the country in Europe uses a different video format, the US Slingbox PRO HD will not work.

In that case, we recommend you to get the Slingbox PRO HD in UK.

• Re: Is it possible to record TV with Pro-HD and how about DVB-T H.264 support?
            dxmichael

Hi

1. I tried to record, buit it dont work. So you "can not" record. But you can connect  to the Slingbox an receiver wich is able to record to a hard drive, or USB stick. Wich leads me to number 2. The Slingbox supports only ATSC,NTSC and QAM so NO DVB-T ! Im not sure waht exactly QAM means, regarding the US cable...But even if it would work in europes cable companies, only the FTA channels woudl work... Thatswhy i recommend you to connect it with a DVB-T/C receiver... 3. is the same as 2. NO, but a set top box will do it !

You can connect a HD set top box (DVB-C / T / S ) receiver) with the component cable to the Slingbox, also in Europe, that works with HD !! It works also with composite, or S-Video PAL signal without problems, in colour  - on the US version !!

The UK version of the PRO-HD Slingbox seems to be able to receive DVB-T - so you better buy this one.

If you have more technical questiones, just ask :-)