7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2011 6:07 PM by lwiesner RSS

Sling Player in Windows 7 64 Bit

andrermf Newbie

Hello,

I-ve just get a Laptop with Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit and installed the last version of SLing player 2.0.4 and the image freezes.

Any advice?

Thanks

Cheers

• Re: Sling Player in Windows 7 64 Bit
          Apprentice

Hi Andrermf,

We need to get more information about this issue that you are having. Do have this error only remotely or at the Slingbox location as well? If this situation is only occurring on that computer, I recommend to check the security/firewall settings, that could be the issue. Take a look at this link

Some Internet security and personal firewall software may interfere with your Slingbox, SlingPlayer or Setup Assistant

Regards

netentity

I get the same issue on my Dell Latitude XT2 w/5 GB running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.  However if I run the Slingplayer for Windows on my Dell Latitude D420, Fujitsu P-1630 and U820 (both with only 1 GB of RAM) and my Fwhich are both running the 32-bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate.  I don't get a single issue with any of my machines running the 32-bit version of Windows 7.  My primary home machine is my XT2.

The issue is skipped frames and audio and freezing.  Bottom line is that the Slingplayer for Windows does not work with 64-bit versions of Windows; XP, Vista or 7.  If you run a machine that requires a 64-bit OS (i.e. it has more than 3.25 GB) then you need to get a machine that runs a 32-bit OS until Sling gets off their rusty dusty and fixes it.  I've done the testing myself with BOTH 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.  I get the same result everytime with both the Desktop and the web plug-ins.

ACC22483

I have a Sony with Windows 7 Professional 64 bits.  I installed Sling Desktop.

When I try to Login a window opens but it is empty.

It also shows me an alert saying that I need to update the software in my sling HD pro, I accepted and got another empty window.

Using another computer with Windows 7 Home premium 32 bits I was able to login and install the update on the Slingbox HD pro.

Sling desktop has clearly a compatibility issue with 64bit. 

The weird part is that the previous version I had.. don't know the number was running fine.  How can I install an old version?

jimfitzgerald Apprentice

I just bought my wife a new HP G62 64 bit running Windows 7 and everything works perfectly with my Slingbox SOLO.

smiler

I have I believe a similar problem with windows 7 64 bit, but only during playback over wireless.g, seems ok over wired internet..

Same setup worked fine for years under winXP 32 bit, slinbox pro-hd and clasic owner..

I hope there will be a fix.

• Re: Sling Player in Windows 7 64 Bit -DOES NOT WORK!!
                    lwiesner

I purchased a Slingbox and set it up for access over the Internet. The service is at my office and I am slinging to my house.

1. I ran Slingbox desktop software on my HP Windows XP computer which is about 9 years old and able to get it working with 'wireless' and wired

connections.

2. Slingbox desktop does *NOT* work on my 64-bit super powerful 6 core Intel chip running Windows 7 64-bit.

CONCLUSION:

Sling box does not work a any machine running Slingbox desktop x 64 bits.

PLEASE SLING -GET THIS FIXED AS THE REAL REASON I PURCHASED WAS FOR    SLINGBOX HD to my WINDOWS 7 machine.

smiler

I have some gripes over wireless but slingplayer is working sort of ok really for me.

On win7 pro 64 bit 4 core intel I5 processor.

It is now some time back I played with slingplayer, but a quick check of my settings for this app shows I run it:

1. In Win XP SP3 compatibility more

2. Priveledge level: Admistrator mode

(Above set, right click, select properties and on compatibity tab, set these options)

try it

The web based player works ok as well, but I don't like it.

Good luck