2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2010 4:11 PM by Fofo RSS

Audio, but no Video

wdoole01

I have had the my slingbox solo for the past two years and has been working fine. Orginally i had it set up on a HD cable box (Verizon Fios) that worked great, but do to a usage problem (i kept changing the channel when someone was watch) i moved the slingbox to a standard definition cablebox, which also worked fine. We recently completed our basement and added a HD tv and cablebox. I moved my singbox down there. My problem is i get no video.

I have set up the port fowarding for the slingbox in the past and re-did them again for the new location. I cablebox itself works fine, no lag, no problems with HD channels, and no problem with VOD. I have tried plugged the ethernet cable directly into to router (which failed to give me a video signal) and into the same port on my switch were i had my slingbox previously setup. Also i test the speed of the internet at both locations and i get speeds in excess of 10 Mbps. And when using sling.com it only says i get 120 kbps.

I get audio, but no video. Please help!!

• Re: Audio, but no Video
          wdoole01

Also there is no HDMI cable connected to the cable box.

• Re: Audio, but no Video
            Apprentice

Hi Wdoole01,

When you change the router, the Slingbox location or just the TV source, it's recommended to Restore the Slingbox and then use the SlingPlayer or the Setup Assistant to set it up properly.

We recently completed our basement and added a HD tv and cablebox. I moved my singbox down there. My problem is i get no video.

Did the trouble start after you connected the HD TV? Have you tried to disconnect it and check if you get video on the Slingbox?

We need you to be as specific as possible about the issues you are getting. This way, other forum users will be able to help you with accurate information.

Regards