2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2011 4:04 PM by ranaleon RSS

Cannot Find Internet...

jel0221

I borrowed a sling box from a friend.  I am looking to set it up at home in order to view it at work.

I have the box hooked up to my comcast cable, and am using a direct ethernet cord to the box from my cable.

Now, my computer/router are in different rooms than the cable box I am trying this with.  The internet cable I am using was run through the wall to use for an xbox, so I do not know if this could be the problem.

When I go to set it up, it asks for a 'SlingBox ID'...I don't have a SlingBox ID, nor do I know where to find one.  Another option is for my router's IP Address and Port #.  I looked up my IP address, and just used the port # of 80(saw it on yahoo! answers as I do not know how to find a port #).

Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

• Re: Cannot Find Internet...
          jimfitzgerald Apprentice

The ethernet cable should go from the Slingbox to your router.

• Re: Cannot Find Internet...
            Apprentice

Hi, jel0221

In this case, as the first step we recommend you to hook up the Slingbox directly into your router. If it shows solid lights, it means that it is a healthy unit and the issue is related to your network connections.

Since the router is in a different room, we recommend you to use either a wireless bridge or the SlingLinks. The following link will provide you with all the information about the Sling Links.

SlingLink TURBO

Once the Slingbox gets solid lights, you will be able to run the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing. Even though we have no information about your Slingbox model, you can check the following link in order to get the step-by-step instructions in order to know how to set up your Slingbox for Internet Viewing.

Internet Viewing