3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2010 1:49 PM by dbsguy RSS

I Purchased SlingPlayer Mobile in 2008 through Slingmedia Store and cannot download-only now

jfiguero

I Purchased SlingPlayer Mobile in 2008 for Iphone through Slingmedia Store.

If I try to download in App Store I will get charged.

I do have my electronic invoice with the license key, but if I go to the

download instructions on the invoice it sends me to the app store,

and the only thing available there is to purchase again to get to

the download.

How can I download the SlingPlayer without purchasing again?

Jorge F.

• Re: I Purchased SlingPlayer Mobile in 2008 through Slingmedia Store and cannot download-only now
          dbsguy Apprentice

enkkkkkk.. Wrong.....

I purchased it on the very first day it was released straight from the app store. The app was NEVER released from or sold on sling's site directly as it's a .api app thus needing to be loaded by the app store. They did have a link which opened iTunes and brought you to the app store for purchase as they still have to date.

It's NOT possible that you got the app in 2008 as you stated as it wasn't released until May 12th,2009

And I quote with exact dates:

SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone was demonstrated at Macworld Expo 2009 in January and has been submitted to the App Store in March 2009.

On May 12, 2009, the SlingPlayer App became available at the Apple App Store, but only for US, Canadian and UK accounts. It sells for $29.99 and will only use wi-fi to stream content.[18] Sling's promotional email confirmed that the SlingPlayer for iPhone works with wi-fi connections only "At Apple's request" - a decision believed to have been made at the behest of incumbent iPhone network operators such as AT&T and O2.

On February 4, 2010, the SlingPlayer App gained the ability to stream content on AT&T's 3G Network.[19] This change was done 100% by AT&T as the SlingPlayer App already features quality scaling of content based on connection type.[20]

If you truely did purchase the app, then iTunes has a record of it. Although it may say it's for purchase, it should also state that this app has already been purchased and will actually state and download for free when you select to "purchase" it and type in your pass.....

• Re: I Purchased SlingPlayer Mobile in 2008 through Slingmedia Store and cannot download-only now
              jfiguero

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  However, t seems I have more information that you have about it.

Enclosed in the original invoice dated Aug-21-2008.

If I follow the link of the confirmation mail I received when I purchased it it takes me to a slingmedia page that still remembers the purchase.  Please see the second attachment, a printout of Slingmedia web page that remembers the purchase.

I know I didn't purchase it via the App Store because my App store mail address differs from the address I used when I purchased it at Sling Media Store.

Any ideas in how to download?

Regards,

Jorge

dbsguy Apprentice

That's NOT for the iPhone app. It clearly states it's for  the sling mobile phone player which requires a registration key. This is for a windows mobile phone or blackberry or the like as they require the activation or registration key described.

As I told you ealier the iPhone app wasn't even produced for release until May of 2009. your emails just verified that fact as it refers to an activation/registration key which only other types of phones use like with the windows mobile version player.

The iPhone app does NOT require you to enter an activation or registration code nor doies it even have a place to do so (and NEVER has for that matter).