24 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2011 1:05 PM by ryotomoko RSS

remote code for ADB

Pnats42

Code for ADB 5810 WX?

• Re: remote code for ADB
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.

Al

Pnats42

Thanks for getting back to me. Tried to get through and did a download, but I am too old and really computer illiterate to understand what needed to be done. I was hoping to find just a code to enter. Went through all 140 codes for a custom entry and non of them worked.

Appreciate your help.

Art

alanrichey42 Master

I assume you downloaded http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8741 ??

What part of the instructions don't you understand ?

randypollock

Ok,

Cannot get codes to work. I am a IT coordinator so I under the instructions.

I have placed the two .bin files in the correct directory using Windows 7

I have gone to the setup Assistant and chose Configure Video Sources

Under What type of device do you have connected to this singbox input

Your choices here

Cable box

Sat Recvr

Standalone DVR

DVD Player

Other Controllable Device

Other Non-Controllable Device

I selected Cable Box

I then selected Other (like the directions)

I typed in (upper case) C2010 (those are zeros)

Then I have to test the power button before I get the next button to activate on the wizard. I try the power button...nothing. I go ahead and finish the wizard and try other buttons but nothing works.

I can post screen shots if that will help

alanrichey42 Master

What about all the other suggestions I make in the README file ?  In particular the camera test.

randypollock

I did try the camera and all four pods fire a white burst.

I tried all four ir pods...I tried multiple ir pods together and seperate.

When I tried to change the channel you can see it fire and it seems that the picture flickers but then does nothing.

I have the Pro HD version of Slingbox and my DVR is the ADB 5810wx

alanrichey42 Master

No more ideas I'm afraid, assuming you are confident of the placment.   I know that remote works with the ADB5810 and I see there have been over 140 downloads and no-one else has reported any problems.

Sorry

Al

randypollock

I'm thinking that the 5810 IPTV (cable box) set top box is different than the 5810wx which is a DVR.

I found the ADB 68xx series works for almost all the controls except the playback buttons like play/pause/stop etc...

For those I am having to use the menu button to start playback and the RED button to stop..so I am missing the pause.

alanrichey42 Master

I build my remotes by loading the device onto a Harmony Universal Remote.  Unfortunately neither the ADB 5810 IPTV nor the ADB 6800 are recognised as valid devices.

Sorry

ryotomoko

I also have Slingbox HD Pro and ADB 5810 WX DVR set up, and none of the remote works.

I've read & tried everything alanrichey42 said in forum.

I've downloaded custom remote made by alanrichey42 also, but no luck.

I've gone to custom remote site on slingbox.com, but none of the button learns either.

Digital camera test confirmed IR is working.

4 IR pointers are all pointing at the receiving end of the cable box.

Got what I believe the latest version of sling player, ver. 2.0.4.522.

randypollock, you said ADB 68xx series remote worked for most of the button, but I don't see it in the selection under ADB.

I only see ABQ6642, ADB3100, ADB3800, and others.

I googled ADB 68xx series, but didn't find anything.

Where can I find it?

alanrichey42, I thought ADB remote could be RF, not IR, but my cable provider told me it's IR.

Any way I can check?  Though if it happens to be RF, not sure how to change it to IR setting...

Thanks for help.