3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2010 11:35 AM by dbsguy RSS

Connection Problems

Calliope

My slingbox is in the U.S., but I am in Japan trying to watch TV on my computer. I have been having  problems getting a connection. I get the following error. This has happened several times since I purchased the Slingbox a month or so ago...sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't.

The error message is not helpful because:

1. the Slingbox is on

2. It is set up for remote viewing

3. It is not blocked by firewall/NAT settings

0x8007274d

The connection attempt failed. Make sure the Slingbox you are attempting to watch is on, set up for remote viewing and not blocked by firewall/NAT settings.

I am beginning to feel like I wasted my money.

Any suggestions?

• Re: Connection Problems
          dbsguy Apprentice

Set a "static" IP address up in your router for the slingbox's exclusive useage. You'll need to dictate the same internal ip address from within the slingplayers setup winzards manual configuration options screen as well under the advanced option tab.

• Re: Connection Problems
            KR1

WHEN I'M AWAY FROM HOME BASE AND GO TO INT. EXPLORER TO "WATCH" I'M ASKED TO INSTALL ACTIVE X AND OTHER DOWNLOADS, ALL OF WHICH I DO, BUT WHEN STARTING OVER BY CLICKING ON "WATCH" I GET THE SAME SENERIO ALL OVER AGAIN, BUT IT DOESN'T CONNECT TO MY SLING BOX. I HAVE A LAPTOP THAT SLINGBOX WAS CONFIGUERED ON AT THE SAME TIME I HAD THE SLING PROGRAM INSTALLED ON MY "HOME" COMPUTER BY GEEK SQUAD AND IT WORKS OK AT MY AWAY LOCATION, BUT I'M UNABLE TO INSTALL THIS PROGRAM ON MY PRESENT "AWAY" COMPUTER. PLEASE ADVISE.TKS.