7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2010 8:19 PM by BruceTman RSS

Slingplayer for windows mobile 7 does not work properly.

dmiyao

I have uverse and i can connect to get video but i cannot use the buttons within the app.  They simply do not work.  I have a slingbox solo and the new samsung focus.

• Re: Slingplayer for windows mobile 7 does not work properly.
          Maculo

Same issue here, I can connect but all the control options are greyed out and I can not start my dvr or change the channel? Is everyone having this problem I just bought it and have no idea whats going on?

bbraune

I am also unable control my device on my Focus with the Slingbox Solo.  It worked fine on my old Windows Mobile phone, and works fine on my Slingplayer 2.0 on PC and the web browser.

I also have a slingbox pro HD in the house and that works okay on my Focus (although there are some improvements that need to be made to make the experience fully enjoyable).  There was a firmware update to the pro HD that was required before I was able to connect the WP7 to my slingbox.  Perhaps there still needs to be a firmware update to the Slingbox Solo that hasn't come through yet that will make the Solo fully functional with WP7.

To me it is apparent that the WP7 slingplayer client wasn't ready for release and Slingmedia only made it available to be able to claim that it met the window for a WP7 launch app.

Maculo

Can we get some kind of feedback on the status of this? I have been on the phone twice at length, had Sling gain full access to my box passwords, test it out at length and have yet to hear back on anything? I am being real patient for a guy that just spent $30 on something that doesn't work? No one tested this on the most popular WP7 phone (Samsung Focus) on AT&T uverse cable before launch (which isn't a small company either)? Any news is better then silence?

Maculo

I spoke with Sling Tech Support and was told an update was forthcoming and to look for it Friday or over the weekend. A update via the windows phone 7 marketplace did roll out today on Friday but it did not resolve any of the issues of greyed out controls on the Samsung Focus. There was not a Slingbox Solo update to apply (might be comming over the weekend but why roll out the WP7 update before the box update).

It's been two updates now for WP7 over 9 days and the problem is still there. Everything works, if I prestart video using the web or desktop client I can watch and hear everything via the WP7 device but I have no control over it at all. It's 90% done just the last 10% makes it unuseable? Needless to say I am a fan but can we hear some feedback on this officially? Also after a while if this is not resolved I am going to need to get a refund, this isn't a 2$ app it's 30$ and I/others expect more for that price point?

Apprentice

Hi, dmiyao.

If the control options are grayed out on your Mobile application, we recommend you run the Configure TV sources process one more time and make sure that your Slingbox is properly set for Internet Viewing.

We also recommend you to check if your Slingbox firmware version is up to date. If you do not know, feel free to check this link.

How do I update the Slingbox Software (firmware) on my Slingbox?

BruceTman

Everything is updated. Everything has been configured. When is the update for the Slingbox Pro coming for Windows Mobile 7? Only one of my 3 Slingboxes are currently working. How (exactly) am I able to move my SlingMobile software, bought through Windows Marketplace to my Samsung Focus to my wife's Focus? There is no way to "log in" to Windows Marketplace on her phone with my username. What gives?