1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 16, 2010 9:15 AM by wbrakhage RSS

web setup frozen at "initializing SlingAccounts"

wbrakhage

I am attempting  to set up a slingbox solo so that my father can enjoy American (aka English) programming while he studies in Italy.

I have encountered some difficulty while running the slingbox setup.

The web setup is able to locate the unit, yet, once it reaches the sling accounts initialization screen it freezes up.  

I have tried the following:

Resetting the slingbox  (both with the reset button and a power cycle)--------------------no change

Waiting for the initialization to complete (30min.+ )-----------------------------------------------no change

Downloading and installing the latest Java software-----------------------------------------------no change

Clearing all cookies and shutting down all antivirus/antispyware applications-----------no change

Disabeling wireless and going all wired ethernet----------------------------------------------------no change

Connecting computer directly to the slingbox via ethernet cable------------------------------no change (no communication at all)

I have run out of ideas and would appreciate any input.  (And so would my dad!!)

Thankyou

Wes.