3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2010 1:52 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Sling Remote not providing sub menus

shep17

I have connected a sling box pro to a Virgin V+ cable box via a scart output to VCR. Virtual remote is the same as my physical one. I can change channels ok on line but when I press the  V+ button to access my recorded programmes or the home button for catch up TV the sub menus appear on the TV but I cant access them online. Any ideas?

• Re: Sling Remote not providing sub menus
          alanrichey42 Master

I don't have a V+ box myself, but I have heard that only one of the SCART sockets (The one used to drive the TV) will display those menus.  Because the second SCART socket was designed to feed a VCR they decided there was no need to display the menus.

Solution :   Use the other SCART socket and use the Slingbox pass-through connection to drive the TV.

shep17

Thanks,I contacted virgin and they tell me the component outputs on the V+ box are disabled. I need to change the settings for the box from HDMI to Scart and the TV scart output should work. That then means that I cant get the benefit of the HDMI to the TV. Perhaps I need a slingbox HD.

Thanks for the suggestion 

alanrichey42 Master

OK that seems like very odd advice.   On most boxes, and I assumed the Virgin is the same, the component output is disabled only when the HDMI is used.  Seems odd that Virgin should build them in but then disable them permanently.   Are you sure that is what they said ?

What happens if you disconnect the HDMI and feed the component to the Slingbox and then from the Slingbox to the TV ?

And the SCART outputs are normally enabled all the time as they only give a SD output, so the HD Copy Protection doesn't apply.   So Virgin say you can have either HDMI or SCART but not both ?

Unfortunately you have not stated in the title that you are talking about a Virgin+ box so you have unnecessarily blocked out a huge number of people who might have helped you, i.e. owners of Virgin boxes.   I suggest you start a new thread with a proper title that will attract other Virgin users to help.