2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2011 8:11 AM by netentity RSS

Getting an error connecting in Windows 7 64 bit

darkace

I am trying to connect the Slingplayer i just downloaded and i keep getting an error. It is running on a laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Getting an error connecting in Windows 7 64 bit
          Novice

Hi darkace,

In order to receive a good advise, we would recommend to send more information about the issue, such as the error message, the network layout that you're using etc.

• Re: Getting an error connecting in Windows 7 64 bit
              netentity

I get the same issue on my Dell Latitude XT2 w/5 GB running Windows 7  Ultimate 64-bit.  However if I run the Slingplayer for Windows on my  Dell Latitude D420, Fujitsu P-1630 and U820 (both with only 1 GB of RAM)  and my Fwhich are both running the 32-bit version of Windows 7  Ultimate.  I don't get a single issue with any of my machines running  the 32-bit version of Windows 7.  My primary home machine is my XT2.

The issue is skipped frames and audio and freezing.   Bottom line is that the Slingplayer for Windows does not work with  64-bit versions of Windows; XP, Vista or 7.  If you run a machine that requires a 64-bit OS (i.e. it has more than 3.25 GB)  then you need to get a machine that runs a 32-bit OS until Sling gets  off their rusty dusty and fixes it.  I've done the testing myself with  BOTH 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.  I get the same result everytime with  both the Desktop and the web plug-ins.