28 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2011 3:59 PM by bmoore117 RSS

Anyone ever get Error Code W200??

lmm

Does anyone know what error code W200 means?  Was working fine and now get this code.

• Re: Anyone ever get Error Code W200??
          colop

Same here. I got the messae "There's a problem communicating with your Slingbox. Make sure your  Slingbox is connected to the Internet. Do you want to retry? [Code:W200]".

I'm googling with keyword "slingbox code W200W", but I can't get any clue.

Last time I watched  my tv by my slingbox, wifi connection happened to be down. When I picked up another wifi spot and tried to reconnect, I got the message and couldn't have been watching anything until now.

Huckthe1

I just got this code since the 8th of Nov. Everything worked fine till then. I have had my box reset, checked connections and all is good. Still can not connect.My Box is less than 3 months old and hate to have problems like this. I have no one at the house that is literate with electronics and it will be 2 more months before I return home. My box says it is critical under status from the website because it can not communicate with Slingbox. I hope someone can give us some insight to this issue.

Apprentice

Hi lmm and all,

The error code W200 means;

There's a problem communicating with your Slingbox. Make sure the Slingbox is on and ready for Internet Viewing. Also check network cables, and confirm your router is set up correctly.

You can double check that information at this link;

Understanding Watch on Slingbox.com error codes

It seems to be an issue with the Internet Viewing setup at home, we recommend to check the settings at home and run the setup again. Have a look at

the following links which shows some troubleshoot steps that can help you out,

Internet Viewing - Manual setup

Internet Viewing has stopped working and I am currently at home

Let us know how it works.

bdoguy

Funny , I get that error while trying to connect using Firefox or Safari on my macbook pro running OS 10.5.8. But I have no problem connecting to the slingbox on my iphone over 3g.

On my Imac computer (OS 10.6.5) I am able to connect using Safari running in 32bit mode, but if i try to connect using Firefox on my Imac I cannot.

Cheers

H

Huckthe1

I have had everything checked and all connections are good. I had the box reset and now it is not seen on my network at home. Only 6 weeks till I get home so I will have to wait till then to see what is wrong with it. I will be out of the 90 day support but I feel it is something wrong with the unit. Two red lights solid on front and still not seen on my home network.

ThatSlingGIrl

I am having the same issue with Error code 200, started last week when I downloaded a new software version as recommended by Slingbox.  Of course, once I finally was able to call them for Tech Support during their 7 am to 7 pm PST times, it was day 96 since my installation and they won't assist me - they suggested I go to the forums. I will try the factory reset, but I am leery about that because I had to have slingbox help me do a port setting/mapping  on the original install because it would not/could not recognize my router.  Not sure I can do that on my own, so I might just be dead in the water.

barly

I get the same code W200 and also the Sling lights at the middle of the box stay on. Reset the box and power down Slingbox and my network and still not working, also the light stay on. Please help me.... call tech support and they want me to pay for their service.  Anybody have any idea how can I fix this box?  Hope its not broken.

hib

Mine also will lose connection and the only way to reconnect is with iphone over 3G...  after that the sling catcher and mac will reconnect.

Huckthe1

I think this is caused by the Slingbox locking up like a computer will do.The two red lights were on and the unit seamed to be fine except I coud not watch tv through it. My wife unplugged the unit and this did not help so it was on to a reset. I had to wait two months before I got home to do the reset because you have to be on your home network to do this

I held the reset button in for several seconds to reset the unit and then went through the setup to get my box up and running again. I do remember that my unit did not show up when I searched for it, but when I looked at my list of Slingboxes, it was there.

Hope this helps.

andrermf Newbie

Hi Fofo

my issue was solved. Thanks for this

Cheers

wooj001

I have the same issue. Won't work on Mac, won't work on PC.  I checked my router settings and it does not see the slingbox.  I did notice that the Slingbox connection to my switch is blinking, as if it recognizes a connection, but it's not active.  I tried powering off, resetting, etc.  Is there a solution to this issue?

Thanks

Huckthe1

Should have 2 flashing lights. I fixed mine by unplugging the unit and holding the reset button for a few seconds. I could not see my unit either when searching for it but when I clicked on my slingbox directory I could see my unit. I then had to re-setup the unit but have had it running for about 2 months now with no more issues. I watch it on my Macbook pro and Droid. Wish you luck

jrmich9

This is happening to me every few weeks which is annoying as I travel a lot. Basically if I'm at home and I switch the slingbox on and off, reset it and play around with the wires in the back it eventually starts working again and the lights on the front display as they should...but eventually it will go back to the W200 error.

Everything else I use remotely from home via my network works absolutely fine, which makes me pretty sure the issues are due to the latest firmware update. Could someone from Slingmedia please look into this as it is clearly a very common problem not due to everyone's network having issues - the common denominator here is Slingboxes that are not functioning as they should.

bmoore117

So...I have two Slingboxes, one is a Solo and the other is a Pro. Both were working just fine until a change of router meant I had to reset the boxes and reconfigure (amazing that the design doesn't tolerate a change of router but there you go...) Solo is back up and running but the Pro is now a brick. It appears in the directory and has the correct lights to indicate a network connection. I have swapped it to where the Solo is running happily but the Pro stays dead. I get "There's a problem communicating with your Slingbox...". I have messed about with port forwarding but no joy. It's just a useless red box now. It's as if the thing has become corrupted yet a hard reset doesn't clear it. Is there anyway to completely remove it's ID and breath some life into this thing?

bmoore117

Fixed it! There is definitely a compatibility issue with the Pro and either Lion or Safari and Firefox on Lion. I ran the setup on IE (still on the Mac but running under VMware Fusion) and hey presto! Connection issue gone. So even though I have been turning firewalls on and off and messing with port forwarding and UPnP etc., etc. none of these things had any effect. IE could see it but the other "supported" browsers running natively on Lion could not. Yet the Solo works just fine....

Anyway, just in case you are about to consign your SB to the dustbin (and I was very close!) try a different OS if you're having issues like mine.