4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2011 9:52 AM by ranaleon RSS

Comcast set up.

nutmonger Newbie

I just switched from earthlink to comcast internet. I am trying to set up my slingbox. The setup assistant asks for the routers log in and password. Does anyone know what the default log in and password are for a SMC8014 is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Comcast set up.
          alanrichey42 Master

Why didn't you just use a Google search ?   A search for 'SMC8014 manual' gave me the answer in less than 30 seconds

USERNAME: cusadmin
          PASSWORD: password

Later:  In fact a Google search for 'SMC8014 default password' gave me the answer in less than 10 seconds

nutmonger Newbie

Thank you for your answer.  I did google the question and I got the answer you gave me. When I type into the address bar 10.1.10.1 and use that login and password I get access to my router. However, I do not know what changes need to be made to let the slingbox communicate with my router. I was using the slingbox web sight to configure my router so I can remotely watch my slingbox remotely. When I put the login and password you suggested  it says incorrect username or password try again. If you could teach me how to manually configure my router it would be a great help. I can get into the router, just not through the slingbox setup.  I have a static IP address if that matters. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Apprentice

Hi, nutmonger

We recommend you to disregard this request and instead select the manual router configuration. It is not necessary for you to enter this information if you select the "Manual Configuration". 

The following third-party link will allow you to get the step-by-step instructions in order to get this process done.

Port forwarding Slingbox on the SMC8014 router