1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 7, 2010 2:24 PM by Fofo Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Considering of buying a Slimbox

filipgrk

Hello there ,

I am new to slimbox and generaly into streaming . As the title says i am considering of buying Slimbox , and the reason is , I am living in greece and my brother is living and working in Serbia , so i want to stream to him greek TV . As far as i know Slimbox is one of the best choises out there , so i would like to make a couple of questions regarding to this . My conection is an aDSL 24mbps Download and 1 mbps Upload , and his connection is about 2 mbps download and i dont really know his upload rate , my first question is how good under this specifications will the Streaming be and how connection consuming will it be , i mean will i be able to continue doing whatever i am doing normaly without having lag problems or even disconects due to the heavy transfer rate?

Thanks in advance ,

Philip .

• Re: Considering of buying a Slimbox
          Apprentice

Hi Filipgrk,

The best option for you is to get a Slingbox SOLO, the Network Bandwidth for Standard Definition streaming is 600 Kbps or higher, since you have 1Mbps for upload, it will work very good at the remote location. For Mobile Streaming, the bandwidth needs to be 150 Kbps or higher.

I mean will i be able to continue doing whatever i am doing normaly without having lag problems or even disconects due to the heavy transfer rate?

Yes, at the Slingbox location you will not have any issues with Internet or the transfer rate.

You can check the Slingbox SOLO requirements here

http://www.slingbox.com/go/slingbox-solo-techspecs

Regards