13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2012 12:58 PM by Fofo Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Network and sling lights off . Can't be reset .

kopof002

My TUNER can not work for few months . The LED of network and sling are lights off . Just only the power lights on .

I try to push the reset button , but it can not works . Any idea what the problem is ? Is it dead ?  Thanks !

• Re: Network and sling lights off . Can't be reset .
          Apprentice

Hi Kopof002,

I would recommend to you the following articles to troubleshoot this network issue;

About the lights on the front of the Slingbox

The Network light on your Slingbox is off

Regards

Powerone

My Slingbox has worked properly for a couple of years. About a month ago it stopped working. The network light and slingbox light flashes apporximately every 3 to 5 seconds.

What can I do?

I have reset... I have changed the cable... no success

eko_0T2

This has just happened to me as well I was watching on my netbook in the kitchen turned it off went upstairs and it will not connect I checked the ling box this morning and both the network and sling lights are off they blink every few seconds (barely viable it is so quick).  I have changed the cable, changed the port on my router, reset the router, reset the sling box, checked that my analog cable is still working, turned my firewall off... tried 3 different computers, I don't know what else to try! Help please.

Mada

Same here. I think there is something wrong with this model. I have a friend and his Sling Tuner went down about 8 months ago. We thought was a spike on the power lines and moved on buying another device. Now same happened to my device, but in my case, the sling box is connected to an APC (protected) and it is located in a data center with a dedicated A/C unit cooling down porpely the room. It looks like there is something wrong. I know it is out of warranty, but is stange so many boxes "die" suddenly. Anybody has an answer? Or shoud we make an official complain.... 

rlane99

I've got a Slingbox Pro-HD (model SB300-140).  It's been working fine for a couple of years and then sometime in the last month it stopped working.  I cannot get the network light to come on.  I've changed cables, reset, changed routers, but still nothing.  The slingbox website confirms my slingbox has not connected with their servers in about a month.

eko_0T2

I was able to fix my problem by going to my local "radio shack" and picking up a new power supply it has been working fine now for nearly 2 months.  after doing more research this apreas to be a comon problem with this tuner.

eko_0T2

read the full listing it is probably the powersuply pick up a universal powersupply with propper amprage at the electronics store if it does not work you can always return the power supply, every one i have talked to that had this problem had it fixed with a new power supply,  the high amprage it requiers caused the power supply to go after a few years.

hope this helps.

zenyettamon

I think the unit is dead.  Mine did the exact same thing.  It seems Slingbox support is no help.  They just want you to pay more money for their "extended warranty".  I just love their help link:  check connection, push reset button.  Well, duh!  What do they think us customers are idiots?  I'm sure all of us has done that.  The company just won't admit that their product is faulty after warranty period of 90 days has expired.  They're even resorting to the extent of deleting negative posts such as mine.  I had one posted earlier and now I noticed it has disappeared.  What a shame and poor service.  If more people out there is having the same problem, let's all post our thoughts to Slingbox!!

rlane99

I picked up a new power supply and that fixed the problem.  My power supply was a 5 volt / 4 amp power supply. That specific volt and amp was kind of hard to find.   In the end I had to get an electronics expert convert a 10 volt / 4 amp supply.  The unit is working fine now. The guy who built the new power supply for me confirmed that a power spike cooked the original.  It was only putting out 10% of the power it was originally supposed to which is why he just built the new power supply for me.

zenyettamon

Whoa...that's the solution people.  You need a new power adapter!  I thought my slingbox unit is bad, but it turned out it was only the power supply.  The unit power light came on, so you were fooled in believing the unit was getting juice but then I noticed the power adapter was emitting a high pitch noise from it.  After switching with another adapter (I used the old one from my wireless router that I recently replaced) and the slingbox unit now fires up just fine.  At first the logo and the network light were blinking, but at least they were now on and blinking.  Looked up the reason for the blinking lights on the website and it is due to a network error.  Of course!  I just replaced my wireless router so my old slingbox was not recognizing the new router.  A simple 5 second push and hold on the reset button, and redoing the setup online made everything better now.  

I am still not please with slingbox support.  They could have been more helpful here than to suggest we check the connections.  OK, the connections work, but the power adapter failed.  A new one is the solution!  I got more help from the forum and fellow slingbox users.  I hope this news spread out to all that is having the same light/reset problem and that you get your unit working again like mine.  Thank you people!!!

angusc

YES YES YES....that is the answer for me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luck i found this post and also lucky that i have both a sling box Solo and a Sling catcher that both use the same type of power adaptor supply.  i plugged in the other power supply to my SOLO and then the Network connection established itself immediately and we are up and running again.

THANK YOU!