5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2010 9:46 AM by ranaleon Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Can't Register My SlingBox To My Account

I am trying to register my slingbox to my account because my Iphone mobile does not show it being on my system. I have tried to do this but it won't take my slingbox id for some reason. I have tried it 15 times and it does not recognize it. I need help due to the fact this app cost me 39 bucks and is useless at this point. And yes I can watch it remote from another computer on the slingbox.com site.

Thanks

• Re: Can't Register My SlingBox To My Account

Hey SlingBox,

I need an answer to this. I am at my home looking at the unit and I am copy and pasting the ID into the add device. What is the deal. How about you help me out on this being that I just bought it 3 days ago.

2rebers

I am having the same problem.  I tried the 32 digit number with and without the dashes.  It say's name underneath...so i don't know if this is my name or the name I gave my slingbox.

HELP

I am on hold after 2 different IM sessions proved to be worthless. The first guy told me it was an internal problem they would have fixed in 2 hrs so I waited and tried again with no luck. The second guy told me I had to register the new unit and then I could log on again and he would help me fix the problem. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT I CAN'T REGISTER THE UNIT.........INVALID SLINGBOX ID.  Before I bought this thing everyone said the tech support was horrible and if you had a problem you were screwed, but I went on faith and I see where it has gotten me. Sitting on hold and typing on forums that are not helpful. It's all good, I didn't need the 220 bucks I spent on the unit and app. If you have any luck with yours let me know.

Thanks

Ok,

Just got off phone with tech dude. He said the cheapest way to get your unit registered is to fax a copy of your receipt to them @ 1-650-293-8800 with your name, login email, phone number and a short note about adding the unit to your account. They will do that for you after validating the purchase date. Or you can buy the 29 buck warranty and then they will help you over the phone ASAP. I have spent enough money so I am going to fax it in the morning. Hope this helps you.