6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2017 4:02 PM by southeast123 RSS

Desktop Player on Windows

Vanram

Using an HD Slingbox. No problems until last week. Seems to be the same firmware problem everyone else is having. Firefox works. Windows/Chrome do not. When will this issue be resolved?

• Re: Desktop Player on Windows
          Bradley

No issue.  NOW they're saying it doesn't support the 500.

SlingSupportMagdalena Moderators

Hello,

I understand you are having issues with the Slingplayer for desktop. We’ve streamlined the ways that you watch TV and set up your Slingbox. For all Slingbox models that you use:

·         To watch TV, please use http://watch.slingbox.com

·         For Slingbox setup/configuration, use the free Slingplayer app for Windows and Mac.

If you have been using a different method to watch your Slingbox in the past, we apologize, that method may no longer be available.

Want to learn more? Please visit:

http://support.slingbox.com/kb/kb-8045

Thank you,

Maggie

Sling Media Support!

Bradley

So without announcing it, you took away the more user friendly interface that we have been using for years... hotkeys work with desktop and not the browser version, the browser version is more prone to lockups and/or sync issues.

PLUS, in another thread, someone from slingbox was asking for everyone to give their configuration info so that this problem could be diagnosed.  Now suddenly it is claimed to not be supported... and for the top of the line model 500 (which I think is still current), and the lesser and maybe superseded 350.

ACC221945

" the ways that you watch TV "  How do you know how I watch tv??

"To watch TV, please use http://watch.slingbox.com "   Then I get a message: Sorry, we do not support setup on browser anymore. Please click below link to download 'SlingPlayerDesktop' application to configure/re-configure your Slingbox.      I must download and install Slingplayer apps, when you start it it is called "Slingplayer for Web", which I think is a downgrade....  3 different names for 1 application??  How stupid you can be.......

"For Slingbox setup/configuration, use the free Slingplayer app for Windows and Mac" . WHAT is the difference between this Slingplayer app and the Slingplayer app I mentioned above????   Where are we talking about?????  Is this creating mist to confuse us users???

ACC221945

What do you mean: "No problems until last week"  The forced "downgrade"  :  Sorry, we do not support setup on browser anymore. Please click below link to download 'SlingPlayerDesktop' application to configure/re-configure your Slingbox. ??   I think its a disaster, I can not monitor continuously the streamspeed, changing volume is **** because first you must enter the menu and it is in the video window that changes format... I miss the option to change to control mode On because I record a lot with my satelite receiver. I live 8000km away from my Slingbox 350 and Solo. Glad to have my Solo still connected because I can use the Slingplayer which has it all. HOW do I enter and change the config settings now?? Cant find them anymore!

southeast123

Delete the SlingBox listed in your SB account online. Double click SB desktop run through set up again (you could probably reinstall too), close, reopen, and it should ask for your password. Mine works...