3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2016 9:29 AM by SlingSupportMagdalena RSS

Dave

timeline
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Recently the chromecast icon has disappeared from by sling player screen on my android phone and I cannot cast to my TV

• Re: Dave
          SlingSupportMagdalena Moderators

Hello,

I understand you are having issues with the Chromecast icon not being available on the Slingplayer app through your android phone. Below is a helpful link:

Frequently asked questions about SlingPlayer for Chromecast

Thank you,

Maggie

Sling Media Support

timeline

Thanks, but I have tried all that many times and still no luck getting an

icon.

On Dec 5, 2016 6:31 PM, "SlingSupportMagdalena" <answers@slingmedia.com>

SlingSupportMagdalena Moderators

Hello,

I see that you have already done troubleshooting steps on your end. I have tested out a work around found by another Sling user that works. Please follow the steps below:

- Open Google Cast app on your device

- Tap menu icon (three parallel lines) on search bar at upper left of screen

- Select "Cast screen / audio".  This will cast your device's screen to the ChromeCast.  (You could watch your SlingPlayer this way, but you can't turn off your device's screen and your battery won't last long)

- Start SlingPlayer.  At this point there still is no ChromeCast icon.

- Stop SlingPlayer (remove it from memory)

- Restart SlingPlayer.  Now, magically, the ChromeCast icon is back!

- Touch that icon.  Casting "whatever is on your screen" will stop, and casting from SlingPlayer will begin.

Thank you,

Maggie

Sling Media Support!