3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2010 3:59 PM by jimfitzgerald RSS

One HDTV to another

ssebastian

Can I slingbox from my home HD TV to the HD TV in my second home across the country?

• Re: One HDTV to another
          jimfitzgerald Apprentice

You can connect your Slingbox to your cable box or satellite box and send the signal to the internet using your router and internet connection.  You can receive the signal via your laptop computer anywhere you have internet access.  The only way to view the signal on your second tv is with a SlingCatcher (no longer sold) or plug your laptop into your second tv.

jperry

Can you have one person watching the TV at Home 1 and the another person watching a different station at home2 or PC on the road?

jimfitzgerald Apprentice

That depends.  If you have a Slingbox Pro-HD, you can watch a different program over the internet if you have a second tv source for the Slingbox.  For instance, if you have a cable box at home, that will be your primary tv source for home viewing and internet viewing.  To view a different channel over the internet, you can use the internal tv tuner included in the Slingbox Pro-HD if it is hooked up to a second tv source.  That could be the coax cable from your cable company or an OTA antenna.  If it is the coax cable from your cable company, you may not be able to view all the channels you can see from the cable box.