5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2010 5:21 AM by QAM_Slinger Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Windows 7 issues?

QAM_Slinger

I have recently switched to WIndows 7. I cannot view the stream for more than 10 seconds and have no audio. XP/ Vista work fine on other PCs in my home. I travel frequently so reverting back to XP is not an option. Disabled firewall and Norton- no go. Made certain that all apps are updated. Makes no difference if live stream or Sling Player. A million Zock-nars to whomever helps. 

• Re: Windows 7 issues?
          BrandonC Novice

A million Zock-nars?

What are you trying to view from the website browser or the stand alone player?

I also don't understand what you mean by "Makes no difference if live stream or Sling Player"

Also is this a LAN or WAN problem or both?

QAM_Slinger

Nope... No LAN or WAN issue. Can watch on both my XP and Vista machines. I have found a couple of other forums that state an incompatability issue with Sling but no fix. If I use the Internet VIew or Player it makes no difference. I still stream for a few secomds and then it freezes- no audio as well. Again- only on the WIndows 7 Home Premium 64-bit machine.

QAM_Slinger

OKay... Frustration abounds! I am now offering a gazillion Molitars.

QAM_Slinger

Okay... So it isn't a WIndows 7 issue after all. It is an HD video and audio driver that needs to be rolled back. (Two separate drivers) I found it when I attempted to start the Sling Player in Compatability Mode to an earlier version of Windows Vista. Once you either disable or roll back the driver it will sing like a bird. I don't have the HD clarity that I was hoping to expect and I recognize that the driver incompatability with Sling is a limitation of their unit. Happy Slinging!