0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2010 3:00 PM by trashpail4 RSS

Dish Remote Access App works as a  Sling Player on 922 with new 2.2 release for iPhone only

trashpail4

New as of October 7, 2010

The new release of Dish Remote Access ( Free APP for iPhone (NOT iPad) /  Version 2.2 on Oct 7, 2010 )

Will now work as the Sling Player Mobile and you no longer need the Sling Player Mobile ($29.99) to watch your slingbox, BUT this only works with the built-in Slingbox on the Dish Network 922 receiver / Slingbox and only on the iPhone, not on the iPad.

This app works good and has much better menu than the standard Sling Player Mobile, but there is always room to improve. SD/HD is easy to change and work good so far.   

I also have a Slingbox Pro, Dish 622, 722, & 722k and I can confirm the Dish Remote Access Player  does not work with anything but the 922, so I still need to use the Sling Player Mobile to use anything other than what the 922 box has to offer.  

One other note, Dish would only issue 3 dual tuner boxes along with one 922, but you can now get 4 dual tuners of any kind. I was going to get rid of the 922 before the app update because the menu does not give info like the 722 without hitting the info button over every show on the guide (like- Episode #,  Actors, Air date, & Critique). The description seems to also be much better on all the boxes other than the 922.

This app works good and has much better menu  than the standard Sling Player Mobile, but there is always room to improve.  

I also have a Slingbox Pro and I can confirm the Dish Remote Access Player  does not work with that so I still need to use the Sling Player Mobile to use anything other than what the 922 box has to offer.