16 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2010 11:55 AM by jake20 RSS

Nokia N8

folkert

Hi,

I bought the Nokia N8, Will there be a Slingplayer version for this phone? I installed the original symbian version, it installs but ive not been able to enter the settings on the touchscreen.

• Re: Nokia N8
          alanrichey42 Master

Us Symbian S60 Edition 5 users have been waiting for months now.  I think Symbian ^3 might have to join the end of the queue

dxmichael

Hi there. I have a Nokia N8 too and the Slingplayer can be installed but I can not add slingboxes etc.  So i assume there is not much to do to make it work with the new Symbian 3 ( touchscreen, better resolution ) !!

And I assume there will be much more N8 users in the next weeks, so a new version of the slingplayer for Symbian 3 would be great !!

Could anybody from Slingmedia answer this request ?

Thakns.

pedroenrique79

Buenas noches amigos de n8, veo que tienen un problema. solo les dare una pequeña ayuda. Han probado una vez instalada la aplicacion en ir a configuracion agregar slingbox y no se pudo verdad? o sea no pudieron tildar un parametro. me imagino. Ahora si lo hicieran con un emulador de un n95 por ejemplo en su pc y lo dejaran tildado a dicho parametro y lo guardan y tildan dicho parametro. No estaria ya listo ¿se podria me pregunto? in english

Good night friendly of n8, I see that they have a problem. only them dare a small aid. They have tried once installed the application in going to configuration to add slingbox and not could truth? that is they could not label a parameter. I imagine. Now they did if it with an emulator of n95 for example in its PC and they would leave it labeled to this parameter and they keep it and they label this parameter. Not estaria already ready podria I ask myself?
                Apprentice

Hi, folkert and all.

The main issue is that the Nokia N8 Mobile device is not included on the supported Mobile devices list. The following link will provide you with information about supported Mobile devices and requirements.

Devices and Requirements

dxmichael

Hi ranaleon.

We all know that the Nokia N8 is not supported (yet)... Thatswhy we ask in this forum WHEN it will be supported ?!

Do you know if there are plans to make Slingplayer mobile work on Symbian 3 devices ( it is not just the N8 !!! ) work soon ?

It would make us all verry happy !!!!!

I can imagine that in USA the most users have iPhones an Blackberrys...but here in Europe is Nokia the leader in smartphones and the N8 is now the best of it !

Thanks

folkert

Ranaleon,

This new symbian will be big, already 3 types of nokia's are using this operating system. The fact that i can install slingplayer and start it, makes me believe that there are only small adjusmtents necessary to make it compatible with the new symbian. I am really missing my slingplayer on this phone!

dxmichael

I agree with all that  folkert wrote ! There is surley not much to adjust to make it work with the new Symbian.

Id like to watch my Slingboxes on my new Symbian phone. And Im sure we 3 here in the discussion are not the only ones...and more will follow !! The Win phone 7 player is avaiable since weeks, why not the Symbian 3 ? It dont has to have hunderts of functions and I would also pay for it...I just like to watch my channels...

Thanks

hoffy58

I'll join the club, just purchased N8 would be great to have my sling player work on it.

Spaghetti

PLEASE give us SlingPlayer to the Nokia N8! My Slingbox Pro i simply a brick without it...

folkert

Maybe somehow its possibele to edit some files on the phone manually (like a config file) where you can put it the different parameters (like key, username, password etc.)
                            There is change that onces those fields are filled in (the fields that where we cannot enter the text at this moment) the program works (changing channels etc.)

At this moment i have to put in my emailadress and license...Why does the email-field works and why does the serial-filed not work?

jake20

add me to the list.. i am just waiting to spend my money on a sling player, but I can't because the player will not work with my Nokia N8.

I am in the US also..

Common Sling.. just give us a working symbian^3 player!

How much could this possibly cost you? 20 hours worth of coding max?