5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2010 10:31 AM by 255909059759826 RSS

Basic Cable

mgeorgevich

I hooked an RF connection to my t.v. I then went composite out to my sling box. It works except that it keeps wanting me to choose a source for the remote. The source is a t.v. and there is no option for that. How do I get the sling palyer to just let me use a generic remote?

• Re: Basic Cable

Your connection is not correct : that way You slingbox is geting only one channel-the one You are waching on Your TV

Use simple 2-way splitter for cable (about $4 in any store with cables)  and then connect one output to TV and other to slingbox. Then scan channels on slingbox and use generic remote

mgeorgevich

I understand the splitting of the cable, however this sling does not have an RF input. It is all composi=te or s-video. Do I have the wrong one?

Woops, it that case You have Solo or AV without tuner and in Your connection slingbox will "copy" everythink You have on TV screen. So to wach slingbox Your TV have to be "on". https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0 will help You with codes , but remember to install IR cable on Your TV first (think of it as remote extention) 

mgeorgevich

The soultuion center says that under the Manufacturer box there is a choice for other, it is not there. I may as well get a unjit with an RF input. I don't know if I am explaining this correctly. 

start again from beginning:

1.  go to www.slingbox.com

2.  log to You account

3.  press Watch tab

4.  and then sligbox setup

5. press Get Started. In case its saying that can`t detect slingbox-press Show Directory

6.  Click on Your slingbox and then Configure Inputs

7.  Mark input You wann to configure- i think is composite in Yours -  and press next

8.  Now there is a field to type Your TV model or little under blue letters "Select from A list of supported devices" . If You press that blue shortcut it will open frames with options to select manufacturer and model. Find You TV  ( I have Samsung TV -so I select one of Samsung VCR )

9.Press next and test-maybe You will find the one working

BTW: Please tell me You TV brand and model#