1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 17, 2010 12:09 PM by Fofo Branched to a new discussion. RSS

clarification on how the slingbox pro works

steph7121

Hello, I'm new to this and I may buy a Slingbox Pro in the near future but I need some clarification.

When setting up the Slingbox in the room with the satellite receiver and the DVR, can I use a PC or do I need to use the laptop that I will be watching the Slingbox from ?

And my second question is : Once the Slingbox has been updated and set up properly, plugged to the router, do I need to keep my computer on to be able to connect with my laptop when I'm away on the road or does the Slinbox just need to be hooked to the router(=no PC needed on that end) ?

Thanks

• Re: clarification on how the slingbox pro works
          Apprentice

Hi Steph7121,

I will clarify all the information that you need!

steph7121 wrote:

When setting up the Slingbox in the room with the satellite receiver and the DVR, can I use a PC or do I need to use the laptop that I will be watching the Slingbox from ?

You can use any PC or Mac computer for the Slingbox Setup but it's not necessary to be the same one that you will use remotely.

steph7121 wrote:

And my second question is : Once the Slingbox has been updated and set up properly, plugged to the router, do I need to keep my computer on to be able to connect with my laptop when I'm away on the road or does the Slinbox just need to be hooked to the router(=no PC needed on that end) ?

No, you don't need to keep a computer at the Slingbox location. The Slingbox will be connected only to a router and to the TV source (Cable box, satellite receiver, DVR or the coaxial from the wall)

Hope these help