2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 11:02 AM by rgoebel RSS

The picture is too big for my window; edges cut off; Mac

up2umr

When internet viewing, the picture is too big for the window size.  All four edges are cropped off.  I'm running version 1.0.10 on my MacBook with Snow Leopard.  I have a Sligbox Pro.  I'm not transmitting an HD signal.  My cable box is configured to pass thru to match the TV to which it is connected, which is an Samsung HD TV. 

I've tried all the different video settings I can find on the SlingPlayer software.

Any suggestions?

• Re: The picture is too big for my window; edges cut off; Mac
          Apprentice

Hi Up2umr,

This could be an issue with the signal coming from the Set-top box, you will need to change or deactivate the zoom feature on it, you also can try to change the Aspect Ratio on the SlingPlayer; View > Aspect Ratio > Fit Video to Player.

Changing Aspect Ratio (Video Zoom)

Regards

• Re: The picture is too big for my window; edges cut off; Mac
              rgoebel

Your reply (and perhaps the question) don't provide enough context to resolve anything.  All the available documentation and online forums suggest using the "view" menu to change aspect while watching.

But the view menu doesn't exist when using the browser plugin method.  Where is aspect ratio control there?  This is NOT a set top box problem ... a user has control over their own televisions and set top boxes, but when that control doesn't give you the correctly displayed aspect ratio, then answers like this aren't useful ... just frustrating.

Who our there wants to figure out how to change the aspect ration on the browser (Safari, Mountain Lion) version?

Cheers,

Randy