1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 5, 2010 11:54 AM by Fofo RSS

Slingbox newbie here needs help.

LiverPines

I have a Slingbox PRO-HD set up on my livingroom tv and its great.  My question is if I want to have another tv in my bedroom or one that I can put outside on my patio in the summertime without having cables running all over is a Slingbox TURBO what I need to do this?  And if so is there anything else i need?  thanks for any suggestions and/or help you all can give....

• Re: Slingbox newbie here needs help.
          Apprentice

Hi LiverPines,

Let's clarify first what the TURBO is, the SlingLink TURBO uses the electrical wiring at home to transmit an  Ethernet signal between the router and the Slingbox. So the Slingbox can be placed in any area inside your home and you don't need to connect a very long Ethernet cable.

My question is if I want to have another tv in my bedroom or one that I can put outside on my patio in the summertime without having cables running all over is a Slingbox TURBO what I need to do this?  And if so is there anything else i need?  thanks for any suggestions and/or help you all can give....

The SlingLink TURBO will not work  for this type of connection. If you want to connect a TV in a different room but you don't have a cable box, satellite receiver or a DVR there, you can use a SlingCatcher, this will allow you to connect to the Slingbox using a TV. Since the SlingCatcher is not available through our website (it's out of stuck), you can search for the SlingCatchers on eBay or other retail sites.