5 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2011 8:11 PM by patsw RSS

This application requires MSXML3 or later MSXML parser.

misterjcp

It's been a while since I used the Slinbox Software on my Vista PC.  It has the current version of Slinbox Player.  When I run the program, I get an error: "This application requires MSXML3 or later MSXML parser."

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Slingbox Player and even reinstalled MSXML4 and MSXML6.  MSXML3 would not install because it said there is a more current version already installed.  What do I need to do to make the Slingbox player work again?

Thanks.

• Re: This application requires MSXML3 or later MSXML parser.
          Apprentice

Hi Misterjcp,

I recommend that you re-install the SlingPlayer or you can use Watch at slingbox.com to connect to your unit locally or remotely

patsw

Same problem as original poster.  And like the original poster, I uninstalled and reinstalled slingplayer and it had no effect.

Regarding the advice given in the first reply: the original poster already had taken the first recommended action, and how does usage of "Watch on Slingbox" fix on a problem with the slingplayer application?  I can't rely on the bandwidth of my internet provider to be adequate for viewing.

chakkarinen Apprentice

I suspect that the registry in your PC may be corrupted, so that the installed versions of Sling Player are not recognizing that your DO have a later version of MSXML parser installed on your machine -- I think you said you have MSXML4 and MSXML6.

So, for starters, I would suggest that you uninstall Sling Player using software such as the free version of Revo Unistaller, and allow it to delete both the registry entries and the files that it finds associated with Sling Player.   Then, after a reboot, run a registry cleaner program such as the free version of CCleaner, and allow it to clean out any corrupted registry entries that it finds in your registry.  Then after a second reboot, try installing the latest version of Sling Player 2,  which I believe is named SlingPlayer_2.0.4522_Setup-Global.exe.

Please write back on whether that solves your problem.

patsw

Downloading multiple versions of MSXML3 had no effect.  I went to the Windows Event Log and saw that in the last few reboots, a lot of processes got startup errors.  I wasn't able to use System Restore and I had to use System Repair from the Vista Installation disk and that's really the last resort before a clean reinstall of the OS.  After the System Repair and reboot, I was able to create a System Restore point and reinstall Sling Player and it runs.  I don't think Sling Player was in any way the root cause of the problem.

misterjcp

It turns our that Vista was the problem.  After two years of using Vista and keeping it updated, it failed.  Nothing would install properly anymore.  I installed Win 7 and all the problems went away.  Now, the only complaint I do have is the nonexistent support you get from Slingbox.  Thank you, the Slingbox users, for your help.