3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2016 8:18 AM by SlingSupportJennifer RSS

How do I get my video feed back?

ACC6409326
    Visibility: Open to anyone

When I log onto my sling account it connects, starts, and then a blue screen comes up saying "weak or no video signal detected". I have restarted both my slingbox and cable box. In the past I have reset my component source which has fixed the problem; this time it did  not. What else can I do to get the video feed back?

• Re: How do I get my video feed back?
          SlingSupportJennifer Moderators

Hello,

Thank you for the information provided. I see, you're getting a ''weak or no video signal detected'' error message. It is important to know what Slingbox model your having issues with & how you have cables connected?

The more details and information you can provide, the better we (the forum community and Sling Media) can help.

Please reply back to this thread with more information & details on your situation with the no video signal.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Sling Media Support

ACC6409326

I have a slingbox M1. It is connected using the component cables between the cable box and the slingbox. It is not connected to a tv so I am not using a hdmi cord. I have disconnected and reconnected everything, even reset up the slingbox from sctarch, The wifi gets set up and everything appears to be working but when i hit "watch" i get a blue screen that says weak or no video signal.

SlingSupportJennifer Moderators

Hello,

Thank you for the information provided, I understand your using component cables from cable box to Slingbox M1. Even if you dont have an HDMI cable connected you may still experience Soc issues.

What is Selectable Output Control (SOC)?

A very limited number set-top boxes and video sources use yet another layer of copy-protection called Selectable Output Control, or SOC. Used in devices where both HDMI and analog outputs (component, composite, etc.) are available, SOC disables any analog outputs when HDMI is also hooked up.

The next step you would need to take is to replace component into composite cables.

Composite inputs- The white is for the left audio, the red is for the right audio, and the yellow is for video.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Sling Media Support