2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2016 10:48 PM by RSS

iOS Family Sharing - 20.99$ and App is not share !

Jeanleblanc2
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I buy the slingplayer app for my ipad and for my iphone, then my wife try to use it with Family Sharing and the app is not in the list of purchases!? When I buy it it said it was family sharing ready!

• Re: iOS Family Sharing - 20.99$ and App is not share !
          SlingSupportJennifer Moderators

Hello,

Thank you for the information provided. I see you would like to know why your downloaded Sling app is not showing under you purchase list. Below is a link with information on how the iTunes App Store allows you to purchase the application and then use it on up to 10 devices, as long as all of the devices are all under the same Apple ID.

Slingbox.com - Sharing SlingPlayer on multiple devices

Thank You,

Jennifer

Sling Media Support

• Re: iOS Family Sharing - 20.99$ and App is not share !

Dear Jennifer, I think your company is realy confuse about what family sharing is!

Selling an app 20.99$ (even after I buy a 500$ slingbox by the way) saying that it is family sharing ready when its not is very wrong and I think you should rectify that on the app store purchase page, because you are lying to your customer.

Being able to use your app on 10 of MY OWN DEVICE (because I need to use MY OWN apple id) is NOT what family sharing is about. The way you are doing it now is just as if I was buying 10 license to use on 10 of my own device, and if  someone in my family want to use the app I buy they have to completly log out of their own ID and use mine, that is NOT what family sharing is about.

Family sharing was created exactly to avoid login out and in from one apple id to another and to allowed other family member to use an app without having to change all their ipad or iphone setting by using someone else ID. No one is interesting of sharing their apple id with others even if they are family member, that is ridiculus.

I do think that advertising your app saying that it is family sharing ready IS WRONG, say the truth on the app store page. You should say that when we buy the app we are buying 10 licence so we can use it on 10 of our own device but DO NOT say it family sharing ready because it is not and you are lying to the customer.

TY