4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2016 12:08 PM by nysparty RSS

Sound ng on TV after installing new Slingbox 500

nysparty

Had this problem before but cant recall the fix.

We have a cablebox , slingbox500, receiver and tv.

What was working until we installed the new slingbox  was audio  for the TV was coming through the speakers of the receiver.

Now, the video is fine, but the receiver is no longer functional in providing sound.

I assume we screwed up the wiring.   There is a red/white pair connected to the slingbox that I believe are audio cables.(audio IN).

IS this correct?    If so ,s hould they be connected to the receiver?

much thanks

• Re: Sound ng on TV after installing new Slingbox 500
          SlingSupportJennifer Moderators

Hello,

I see you're having trouble connecting your Slingbox 500 with your receiver. So we, the forum community can go ahead and assist you with the proper information. We would need a bit of more details and information on how you have cables connected.

Thank You,

Jennifer

Sling Media Support

nysparty

Well, I cant get to all the connections right now, without help moving a cabinet , but here goes:

HDMI- connection from cable box to TV; I also had an HDMI cable from slingbox to TV but this didnt improve the slingbox, which is working and didnt solve the volume  not coming out the Yamaha receiver, so I took it out.

Trio of video wires between slingbox( video in)   and cable box (video out)  (the blue,green,red)  

Pair of audio wires  between slingbox(audio in)   and cable box  (audio out) (red,white)

Receiver connections to come

nysparty

Additionally , re the receiver:

There are audio cables between the receiver and peripheral devices including CD player, DVD player,Equalizer and of course to the speakers.

Now, there is also an optical cable connected from the receiver to theTV.

What I recall, maybe incorrectly, is that the optical cable was needed for sound.    I bold this because this is how sound sh get to the receiver from the  TV. It was there before and is still there.

That's about it.  I found a number of cables hanging that I removed.

Nothing connected to the receiver was changed, at least on the receiver end when the new slingbox was installed.   (I would know because you have to do a big move to get access to it.  ).      Whether some connection was changed on the front end, I dont know.     THere were 2 installations: installing a new slingbox  but first, switching to Verizon from TWC. The sound thru the receiver WAS working prior to the  Slingbox upgrade

nysparty

Hi Jennifer,

I updated the info details,- let me know whhat you guys think.

thanks

bob