6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2017 7:30 AM by RSS

Roku 3600R iPad Support

djgold14
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have a new Roku stick and am able to use the slingbox with my iPhone, but for some reason the Roku does not come up in the iPad application. I am able to put in the Roku's IP address and the slingbox app confirms it as a Roku, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

• Re: Roku 3600R iPad Support

Unfortunately, the Slingplayer for iPad app appears to be broken. . . again.  When the Roku 3600 streaming stick was released earlier this year, it did not initially work with the Slingplayer for iPad.  In May 2016, Sling fixed it and it worked fine for a few months.  Now, it's broken again.  If you install the Slingplayer for iPhone on the iPad, it works fine and you can stream to the Roku stick.  It's only the Slingplayer for iPad app that's broken.  It's been broken for a few months now.

ACC6737441

Hi - I am having the same problem whereby the Slingbox iPad app cannot connect to the Roku 3600 stick. Is it me or shouln't this be a major issue for Sling? I paid $250 bucks for my Slingbox plus $15 bucks for the IPad app hoping to stream to a big TV as advertised. What is going on with this and is Sling working on a fix? Works OK with the IPhone app loaded onto my IPad but I want the IPad App to work as it has an better GUI.

Hello,  I have the same problem.  The iPhone app works but the iPad app does not.  This is a major concern because the iPad app is so much better and easier to use.  I have a cheaper Roku and a Chromecast and they both work great with the iPad app.  Sling, please fix.
                SlingSupportMagdalena Moderators

Hello,

I see you are having issues trying to cast from your iPad to the your Roku 3600R, I understand you have already tried putting the Roku's IP address and the Slingbox app is able to confirm the connection. We are currently investigating this issue and are gathering more information to find a resolution. The more information you can provide us, the better we can assist you,such as:

• Router make/model
                • Router's IP address and subnet mask
                • Router's DHCP address range
                  • This should be displayed either as starting and ending IP addresses or as a starting address, with a specified number of addresses
                • Have you changed the IP range, and if you are willing to change it to something else if necessary.

Below is a helpful link:

Frequently asked questions about SlingPlayer for Roku

"I can’t see the Roku icon on my supported device — what can I do to troubleshoot this?"

Thank you,

Maggie

SlingMedia Support!

Same prob here:

Setup:  Roku tv and a tv with a Roku Stick.

Routers: Cisco linksys E3000 with tomato fw and a dlink 816L

Ipads: Ipad 2 with IOS 9 and ipad air with IOS 10

Phones: Iphone 6  IOS 10 and Nexus 5x with android 7.1.1

Slingbox: 500 and M2

Both routers have the same setup:  IP add/mask 192.168.0.1/24

DHCP Range 100-199

Issues:  Everything works in any combination using iphone or Nexus5x smartphones.  Problem is only on ipad slingplayer.

Ipads only sees roku tv.  Does not see roku stick.

ipads works with roku tv or stick for roku app, and netflix.

LMK if you want to test anything.

Mike

Re: Roku 3600R iPad Support

Same prob here:

Setup:  Roku tv and a tv with a Roku Stick.

Routers: Cisco linksys E3000 with tomato fw and a dlink 816L

Ipads: Ipad 2 with IOS 9 and ipad air with IOS 10

Phones: Iphone 6  IOS 10 and Nexus 5x with android 7.1.1

Slingbox: 500 and M2

Both routers have the same setup:  IP add/mask 192.168.0.1/24

DHCP Range 100-199

Issues:  Everything works in any combination using iphone or Nexus5x smartphones.  Problem is only on ipad slingplayer.

Ipads only sees roku tv.  Does not see roku stick.

ipads works with roku tv or stick for roku app, and netflix.

Manually entering the roku ip address in slingplayer app.  Respondes with "roku found", but the roku does not show up in the casting button.

LMK if you want to test anything.

Mike