2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2016 4:39 PM by kdhoffman RSS

Is there anyone in Melbourne Australia that can help me install and set up a Slingbox? Call me on 0402155747 - Keith

kdhoffman

Is there anyone in Melbourne Australia that can help me install and set up a Slingbox? Call me on 0402155747 - Keith

• Re: Is there anyone in Melbourne Australia that can help me install and set up a Slingbox? Call me on 0402155747 - Keith
          SlingSupportJennifer Moderators

Hello,

I see you're having some trouble installing and setting up your Slingbox. The more details and information you can provide, the better we (the forum community and Sling Media) can help.

Example:

Which Slingbox model are you trying to install and setup?

What issues are you having?

Thank You,

Jennifer

Sling Media Support

• Re: Is there anyone in Melbourne Australia that can help me install and set up a Slingbox? Call me on 0402155747 - Keith
              kdhoffman

I can’t find the 877 area code so I’m not sure what city you’re in – I don’t know the time difference. So I haven’t rung you. Hopefully the notes below will show you what I tried and what error messages I get.

I have a Slingbox Pro (photo of the rear of the box is attached). I am  trying to connect it to a Foxtel box (cable TV) to send the signal to my son overseas. I am not connecting it to any TV here.

I have a phot of the rear of the Foxtel box attached as well.

I am also using a router which is in another room so I have Sling media boxes at each end.

I have connected each box to the power source. I have connected the HDMI cable from the Foxtel box to the Slingbox. I have plugged the IR cable into the Slingbox and set it up in front of the Foxtel box. I have plugged the Foxtel satellite cables into the Foxtel Box. I have connected the Slingbox to the Sling Media box and the other Sling Media box to my router.

When I start up Slingplayer Desktop.exe on my laptop, I get a message “Connecting to your Slingbox” that shows continually without actually connecting. I cannot open “Preferences” or “About Slingplayer” on this screen.

I have accessed setup.sliongbox.com in Firefox and selected “Setup your new Slingbox” and then selected “Get Started” from the next screen.

I then get the message “Your Slingbox can't be located. Please make sure it is getting power and is connected to the same network as your computer.” The 2 lights on the Slingbox are solid red. I have checked all the network connections and switched off the firewall. When I select “Show directory, I can see DKHFOX internet which is what I called the box. When I click on that icon, I get the following message. “There's a problem communicating with your Slingbox. Make sure your Slingbox is connected to the Internet.”

I did have a previous Slingbox called the same name and I suspect the network is trying to communicate with this box which was faulty and was returned. I have tried resetting the Slingbox and then refreshing the laptop screen but I get the same message. I’m not sure how to put the new Slingbox details into the system – where do I get the 32 character Slingbox Id from?