3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2016 4:00 AM by bobg8zwf RSS

My slingbox keeps repeating same parts of show

Tspitz222
    Visibility: Open to anyone

All of the sudden, when I'm trying to watch something on my app it's almost like the show keeps rewinding and playing the same thing from 3 seconds ago. Basically I can't watch a show or game like this. Anyone have an idea what it could be. It's not my wifi because it does the same thing when using my phone network

• Re: My slingbox keeps repeating same parts of show
          bobg8zwf Newbie

Yes, I noticed this happening on iPhone 6 and iPad (both running ios 10) the other day. It was not happening on slingplayer desktop (pc).

I was thinking that the app (or ios) was repeating the same bit until it got new data, possibly because the stream slowed down. Rather than reduce the video quality as happens with slingplayer pc. But it was annoying. I monitored the network stream from within the router and could see the incoming data was up and down like crazy, as it slowed down the repeating started, as the data speeded up normal video resumed. Guess it is a bug.

Tspitz222

So you think it's a bug from the IOS update? Or the app? Either way,it's now useless. I can't watch anything like this. I hope slingbox monitors these messages and addresses the issue. I tried calling and you can't speak to someone unless you pay $30. What a joke. My slingbox is only 11 months old too

bobg8zwf Newbie

That's a good question. The app is set to "auto" quality and I cannot remember it repeating prior to the ios10 update. So I dunno. In my case, it only seems to repeat when streaming via internet, not when testing with a slingbox on local LAN. Maybe there is some incompatibility between the sling app and the latest ios10. For me it is not a big issue because I very rarely use iPhone or iPad for sling. Generally I use a pc or slingcatcher. But I can well imagine it is a big issue for those using an i-device as the main stream receiver.

Maybe others can comment if they are experiencing this issue, when using ios9 or below.