4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2016 1:28 PM by adklp RSS

Slingbox to TV

adklp
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Can a Slingbox 350 connect directly to TV with a router but without a cable or satellite box?

• Re: Slingbox to TV
          alanrichey42 Master

Not sure if you actually understand how a Slingbox works.  What EXACTLY are you trying to do ?

adklp

My Slingbox worked perfectly in House #1 but I had to move it to House #2 where my friend and I have tried unsuccessfully to get it to work. You suggested a factory reset with a laptop but I have no idea how to do that. My other option is House#3 that has a router and TV with a digital antenna but no cable or satellite box. I understand the Slingbox takes the signal from the cable box and sends it over the internet thru the router.

So , do you think it's possible to hook up the Slingbox to the router and TV. I can have my friend turn on the TV and put on the right channel. I only want to watch a football game once a week. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

alanrichey42 Master

You suggested a factory reset with a laptop but I have no idea how to do that.

Why didn't you just Google "Slingbox factory reset" ?    That would have told you straight away.  (You hold in the reset button on the back until the lights flash twice)

Yes, if that TV has a component or composite output (Actually VERY unusual) then you could plug it into the 350 input and watch it from a remote location.