1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 4, 2016 11:57 PM by RSS

Why Suddenly Stop Streaming Since One Week Ago?

jorched
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Since last week I have the problem that suddenly stop streaming. I am connecting with a Mac Air, Captain, Safari 10.

I have Slingbox 500 from the year 2013, my Internet connection is 100 meg symmetric. TPLINK router.

When I connect with Firefox I have the same problem. With Firefox, besides, I have the problem that the audio and video is not synchronized, but the problem is always, so do not use Firefox.

Slingbox web site can review the problem of sudden disconnection in Safari?

• Re: Why Suddenly Stop Streaming Since One Week Ago?

Here the news: I upgraded my operating system to Sierra mac. I entered the Slingbox website and it asked me to get Slingplayer, which was new for me because I had always used embedded streaming.
          SlingPlayer is an application that plays streaming outside of Safari, but it has a huge number of failures (there are many claims in forum including mine).
          The first incident, disconnect the TV hdmi cable to the laptop was frozen image. Solution restart the laptop.
          Then suddenly he stopped playing. Solution, I waited about 25 seconds and automatically resumed streaming.
          New sudden stop play. I waited, never returned streaming. I left Slingplayer and Safari, I returned to enter, a sign told me that "my Slingbox is misconfigured and use Firefox or log on to reset the Slingbox" I never did. Solution, restart the laptop.
          Never use Firefox with Slingbox because the audio and video came out desynchronized, but now I used it with the novelty that automatically adjusts desynchronization which is also annoying, so I keep not using Firefox in the future.
          The best is "not to touch any control" in Slingplayer and you have a calm and continuous streaming.

I think Slingplayer is an interesting application that will be very useful when correcting problems that have.

Those are the developments in Slingplayer in about four hours.