21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2016 1:27 PM by Kpupo1 RSS

On/Off Buffering to Airplay following iOS 10 update

dragonx
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Folowing the recent Slingplayer update for iOS 10 my iPad Air now buffers on and off repeatedly while pushing the video stream to my Apple TV via Airplay. This cases the video & audio to stop and start every couple of seconds. Again, this is a something that started after the upgrade. The stream from the Slingbox to the iPad works just fine, until I enable Airplay. This doesn't seem to be the case when I do the same from my iPhone 6s+ so I'm assuming this is isolated to the iPad.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

• Re: On/Off Buffering to Airplay following iOS 10 update

I have experienced the same problem.

ACC5847831

It works with Apple TV second and third gen. 4th gen Apple TV doesn't work. Reinstalled app updated iOS, reversed the apps and nothing. Always some issues. What's the fix?!?!

Kpupo1

I'm having an issue after I just upgraded to iOS 10 when I use airplay with Apple TV also running 10 , it starts fine but then when it buffers even for a split second I loose video the screen goes black but I still have audio, the  only way I can  get vidoeo back is to restart the ap and then it will fine till next time it buffers. I've been using the same set up for months without any issues till i did this upgrade. Slingbox support was no help at all

ACC5847831

There has been zero response from this company about the issue with it skipping when airplay is involved. I will start to market this product as null and void of we don't receive a response. I have given time and chances including multiple posts and calling in to tech. I will use my network to carry the non responsive message to the consumers of this product. This product does not work as advertised when purchased. Sling, what's your response? Class action? Boycott product? Ball is in your court. I'll await 24 hours. Final call

JLW1

I have experienced the exact same problem.

Kpupo1

I found that if you drop the video setting down to standard video on the slingplayer ap settings the video will stay on but the Colors are all distorted and people turn purple , it almost looks like black and white but it beats audio only I guess. I think I'm gonna drop back down to 9.3 and see if it works like it used with that. Has anyone else heard anything about a fix for this ? Apple really sucks I'm about to goto android everything

ACC5847831

There has been zero response from this company about the issue with it skipping when airplay is involved. I will start to market this product as null and void of we don't receive a response. I have given time and chances including multiple posts and calling in to tech. I will use my network to carry the non responsive message to the consumers of this product. This product does not work as advertised when purchased. Sling, what's your response? Class action? Boycott product? Ball is in your court. I'll await 24 hours. Final call

Kpupo1

One of the only reasons I got the slingbox to begin with is to use through the Apple TV to be able to use my tv out of the country etc at this point sling box is useless if it's not compatible with Apple products and updates! Does anyone know if android and Roku are having these kinds of issues? I really don't want switch all my products around just to be able to have a normal picture while using Apple TV but it does not seem like anyone at slingbox is trying to fix the upgrade issues with iOS 10. The thing that is really bad in my sittuation is I just got the iPhone 7 plus so I'm locked into a new contract. I guess we have to wait and see what they do if anything but it's been about 30 days for me already, I had to watch Monday night football with purple men verse the pink guys it's really bad if even stays on .

Kpupo1

I guess I can no longer use my slingbox with an Apple TV due to the iOS 10 update problems with the video buffering then going to a black screen with sound only. This is totally useless now to me because that would be the only way I needed to use it is with an Apple TV. However the thing that is really upsetting me the most is it worked fine for months before the update, so I know it prob just a setting of quick fix but it's been a month and I can't anyone that seems like they can even come close to correcting it or switching some video settings around to have it stay working proper. I guess I'm going to sell my slingbox 500 if anyone wants it contact me . I'm done with slingbox for now

Testing because previous message not published.

Kpupo1

I have a similar prob from my iPhone 6 after the 10 update , so while on airplay and it buffers I loose  video the screen goes blank but I still have audio and then at that point the only way I can get video back is to drop the standard quality down a notch and then the video comes back Disrtorted in black-and-white almost I have tried all the updates reloading the sling player app on and off my phone I'm at my wits and it's been about a month and a half that this is been going on and I cannot watch video from airplay on my phone without losing the quality video I was hoping that somebody had the same problem that could help me get my settings right but I've had no help from sling player at all.The sling player plays fine on my device but once I use airplay and try and send it somewhere else and it has the buffer is when I lose the video otherwise it works fine

ACC5847831

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; }  I think SlingPlayer is going out of business. BecAuse there is zero repiense. Zero fix with the beta app. And they charge when you call in to just speak to you unless you speak up.

Good bye slingplayer. It was a good company while you lasted.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Kpupo1

My only shot at slingbox being any use To me is if I get my iPhone 7 and it somehow works with that phone which I doubt because it will be the same software. I should have never upgraded to iOS 10 everything was fine till then. The only use I have for sling is to mirror it from my phone and that only works with standard quality video which sucks and is useless to me. Every time apple has an update I get excited and still never changes anything, it seems like simple video setting in the auto mode I don't know why slingbox can't correct it. I might try a new Apple TV because I don't really hear anyone with a similar problem as me. Most people are complaining about skipping and long buffering that's not my issue

I had exactly the same problem as dragonx in the original post when trying to Airplay from my iPad Air to Apple TV. The Slingplayer I was using was version 3.4.09 which I paid for from the Apple App store. However, by searching online I found that support for this version was discontinued from October 2015. The only version available now is Slingplayer Free for iPad version1.6 but this has ads.

Now, the fix for us folks who paid for the original version is to download the Free for iPad version from the same app store that you bought the paid version. Sling then let you have the free version without ads recognising that you have previously paid for it.

I now have both versions on my iPad.

Version 3.4.09 stops and starts every 2 or 3 seconds.

The Slingplayer Free for iPad version1.6 had ios10 bug fixes on 13-9-2016 and works perfectly without ads!

I have the latest Free App from sling and I am STILL seeing the problem, image drops out every few seconds. It actually drops out to the main menu of ATV and back into movie.

This issue renders the Slingbox useless. How can this issue hit the market?? Sling had to have know about the issue before launch unless they are utterly useless.... Absolute garbage....

We have been having drop service issues from the beginning. We have done all the double shooting they have asked. I'm really disappointed in this service, especially since it's connected to the Apple TV device. Doesn't stream well on our phones or computers either.

Kpupo1

Well I have corrected my issue I was having with using  airplay with Apple TV and iOS 10 for my iPhone 6s and 7! and loosing video. Since my problem would only happen while using airplay when it buffered I just eliminated the Apple TV and got the video adapter that Apple sells. Now I'm not wireless but at least I don't have to downgrade to standard video after loosing it  with airplay. I hope one day slingbox will again he compatable with Apple TV and I can go wireless again but I'm not hopeful. You would think that something as easy as video setting in auto would be something they could correct but till this day nothing. I mean it always worked fine with iOS 9.3 so why can't they fugure out how to fix it in iOS 10. It's purely false advertising saying you can use slingbox  with Apple TV.