2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2016 2:43 PM by Arkaydeus RSS

Slingplayer for Windows keeps crashing

Arkaydeus

Slingbox works fine. No problems with the mobile app. But sling player on the desktop keeps crashing in Windows 10. I can connect to the slingbox fine but after a few minutes it force closes.

I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling. Doesn't solve the problem. Is there anything I can do? I primarily want to use this device on my windows desktop.

• Re: Slingplayer for Windows keeps crashing
          jaswinder05 Newbie

I have experienced mixed results whilst using the windows desktop player.

When I try to open the programme it take a couple of attempts and a couple of minutes for it to load up.

Only on the windows 10 desktop pc do I have a issue, the app on my phone and tablet work fine

• Re: Slingplayer for Windows keeps crashing
              Arkaydeus

Further testing suggests the desktop app uses chrome. Both IE and Firefox

don't seem to crash. Desktop app and Chrome app crash after 2 mins or so.

Sometimes sooner. I've tested on other devices on the same network and no

problems.

Used to work fine, then suddenly today stopped. I wonder if they made a new

release for the Web app (which desktop app reports it is using).

Very disappointed.