15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2016 5:11 PM by rstanionis RSS

New Directv mini C51-700

dr4christ
    Visibility: Open to anyone

AT&T just absorbed Directv and the Uverse guys came out and changed my old system.  Now I have my sling box connected to a Directv C51-700. (HDMI)  Bought a component to HDMI adapter - and the picture & sound works great. The problem is that the remote does not show up in the supported devices and I have tried the C41, C41W, Universal Remote and the first 9 generic remotes out of 29.  All I am is getting to work is the volume and mute buttons to work - on all those remotes.  Wont be able to change channels and I'm headed out overseas tomorrow afternoon.  Does anyone have any suggestions? 

• Re: New Directv mini C51-700
          alanrichey42 Master

My first guess is that your new DirecTV box is set to use an RF remote and not an IR remote.   Somewhere in the menu will be an option to change it.

dr4christ

O.K. - I downloaded alanrichey's TV Remotes - although I have no idea how to install those.  Contacted Direct TV and switched out my reciever to a C41-100 and guess what?  Still have the exact same problem - even after loading the supported remote C41 through Singbox.  The same problem persists.  Direct TV helped me confirm - for sure that both recievers are in IR mode and again the volume & mute buttons respond - but no other buttons - including the power button will not work.

Then I called Slingbox and they had me load both Genie remotes and try those - and the same problem persists.  That means Remotes 1- 10, the Universal remote, both Genies and remotes 27-29 do not work.  ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?

alanrichey42 Master

O.K. - I downloaded alanrichey's TV Remotes - although I have no idea how to install those. 

Did you not read the instructions ?

again the volume & mute buttons respond -

Ignore that, it's a red herring.   Slingplayer hijacks those commands and uses them to control it's own volume, they are never sent to the device.

This has to be an IR problem, maybe the newer box is more sensitive than your .old AT&T one.  You haven't actually told us what Slingbox you are using ?   If it's an old one are you REALLY sure you have the IR Blaster positioned correctly ?   If it is a newer one with the built-in IR then have you got the boxes right next to each other ?    Have you tried the external IR Blaster ?

dr4christ

In regards to the instructions - are they included within the .zip file you sent?  I apologize for not giving you more information but I am using a Slingbox Pro HD.  Additional things I have tried - I have connected 2 Macbook Pro's and tried remotes 1-10, 27-29, The Universal Remote, The Genie Remote, the H-22, H-24 and the H-44 Genie.  The remote does not work on either Mac (and I have tried both in Safari and Firefox).  On my iphone the remote button - just doesnt work.  I can see the picture and hear it but can't power the reciever on or change the channels etc.  I positioned all 4 IR blasters on the box - so as to troubleshoot that - if I need to ignore the volume buttons - I know it is plugged in properly and before the switch to Direct TV last week - I hadn't had any problems in years with the IR blaster - sooooo - If it is a IR problem - I don't know what else to do.