15 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2016 10:09 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Foxsat HDR

mwinch
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have a Humax HDR Fox T2 PVR box and now the remote control for this box, Foxsat HDR on Slingbox, RM-F04 on the remote, won't work.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

• Re: Foxsat HDR
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

mwinch

Hi Alan

Thanks for such a quick reply.

It’s difficult to read the ‘Advanced IR Blaster or Onscreen Remote Control Troubleshooting as it keeps flicking back to the home page after a few seconds, but I have checked the contacts and slingplayer is detected..

What’s strange is that this remote control used to work. I only use the slingbox solo when I go overseas so I haven’t used it for a number of months. I did see a post saying that the binary had changed for this remote and a couple of zipped files but I wasn’t sure if this would apply to my problem.

Thanks

Mike

alanrichey42 Master

Try this Custom Remote.  If it works then the codes have changed.  If it doesn't then you might have an IR problem.

mwinch

Sorry but the Adobe 'Readme' file won't open, Adobe says it is not a supported file type or has been damaged and I don't know how to unzip the files.

There seem to be two - S2010_PL and S2010_RV. Is this correct?

What's the difference and which should I use?

My operating system is Windows 10

It isn't an IR problem as the remote DTR T1000 will turn the box on and off and access 'guide' but you can't use the number pad or access your recorded material as it's essentially a 'YouView' box and doesn't have the 'media' button instead it has the blue 'Y' button which won't work.

Thanks and apologies

Mike

alanrichey42 Master

It's not an Adobe file, it is a simple text file (.txt).  Seems like Adobe has 'hijacked that extension, you need to reset it to Notepad.

Anyway, all it tells you is the location of the installation instructions:

http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/ 

mwinch

Thanks I can open the readme file now, having selected 'notepad'.

When I extract the files it gives me S2010_PL and S2010_RV and I understand I need to try both, but how do I open these files?

Secondly, in the document, you refer to looking at the BIN file code for 'select device type' where would I find that?

I'm sorry I'm not a techy!

Thanks for your patience.

alanrichey42 Master

When I extract the files it gives me S2010_PL and S2010_RV and I understand I need to try both, but how do I open these files?

Are you reading the instructions ?    They specifically tell you which one to use depending on your slingbox model

Secondly, in the document, you refer to looking at the BIN file code for 'select device type' where would I find that?

It's S2010, the name of the file.

mwinch

I have a Slingbox Solo and reading the instructions very carefully as instructed, I read:

"If you are installing on other boxes you may have to try both the XXXXX_PL.BIN (USA) and the XXXXX_RV.BIN (European) files (And ignore your actual location, many European Slingboxes were actually manufactured in the USA)."

Why do I select 'satellite' (S2010) if I have a PVR box?

How do I open these files to save them?

Thanks

Mike

alanrichey42 Master
                                          I have a Slingbox Solo

Fair enough.  Unfortunately you hadn't told me that before.

Why do I select 'satellite' (S2010) if I have a PVR box?

Because that is how the system was designed.   I could spend some time rebuilding it for you if you really want to select PVR, but it would be a waste of time as file would be identical apart from the name.

How do I open these files to save them?

Why do you want to open them ?  They are simply a string of 1s & 0s to be installed in the Slingbox.

Your reply really helps me to understand, thank you.

How do I unzip the files and save them?

Going right back to my original query is there really no remote control available for a Humax HDR Fox T2 PVR box considering it's such a popular machine in the UK and the fact that there used to be a working remote? I know the remotes aren't always identical but this seems a very strange process for customers of Slingbox to have to go through?

alanrichey42 Master

I use WiNZIP.so I have no idea what happens with basic WIN10, but you are the very person ever to ask the question, so I have to assume there is a way.  When you double click on the attachment it must open in a window or you wouldn't know what is in there.   If you highlight or right-click on each BIN  file does it not offer an option to save it .  What happens if you drag it to the desktop ?

Best you ask Sling Media that question.   And remember that the normal remote you were using might be perfectly OK and you have an IR problem.   That is what we are trying to figure out.

mwinch

I called Slingbox Technical Support, who were very good, I'm surprised to say, and they loaded the custom remote (S2010) under 'device type': satellite for me.

So for Humax Foxsat HDR T2 this is the remote, even though it look completely different, in case anyone else needs it as it's a popular model in the UK for Humax.

Thank you for your help and patience(!) I'm just not techy enough to go down the route suggested!

Mike

alanrichey42 Master

I had hoped that the instructions were understandable even for a complete non-techy.   How can I improve them ?

mwinch

The only aspect that I struggled with was unzipping the files, but I had downloaded 'winzip' and was going to try that instead of 'unzip' that I got free from the Windows Store.

If it was possible to download and save them directly from a web-site rather than having to unzip them, that may be easier but, as I say,  I'm not sure if that's possible. The 'read-me' instructions were great, very clear.

Thank you for all your help.

alanrichey42 Master

If it was possible to download and save them directly from a web-site rather than having to unzip them, that may be easier but, as I say,  I'm not sure if that's possible.

Not on this forum.  Even if you attached a normal file the site converts it to a zip archive.