3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2010 8:51 AM by dbsguy RSS

Classic on Windows 7

jamesperkins

Are there any incompatibilities running the old Classic Slingbox on Windows 7. I can't get consistent results with remote viewing. It will work for a while then looses the set up somehow.

• Re: Classic on Windows 7
          jamesperkins

Ihave the rest of the set up completed and have used the box successfully for years. I have changed the operating system and have a new dual band VIZIO router but can view at home and have forwarding setup at IP 192.168.1.254. I have tried the IP at .237 with short success but nothing will remain accessble. I am wondering if the box has just failed and it's time to get a new one, which I'll do because I love the service but want some indication that if I spend anothe $200 and won't have the same problem.

• Re: Classic on Windows 7
            dbsguy Apprentice

Try assigning an internal "static ip address" to the slingbox from within your router. If your router assignes the first available internal IP address each time to the slingbox when you try to connect, it will cause loss of conectivity since the port 5001 rule it needs was designated to a different address then what it now obtains. This is most likely the cause of the issue.

You'll have to assign the same internal static ip address in both the slingplayer setup assistant as well as the router itself in order for this to resolve your problem.