6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2010 7:53 AM by alano RSS

Port Forwarding Question w/ Slingcatcher

GaryMO Newbie

I noticed under the Slingbox Information tab in the LAN section, it shows Port 5001, even though I am port forwarding on 443 in my home router.  Remote viewing works fine on m PC and phone, but have not tried it as yet on my Slingcatcher.  I am streaming TCP.  Should I have any problems with the Catcher working remotely?

• Re: Port Forwarding Question w/ Slingcatcher
          alano Newbie

When you log in to your account at http://support.slingbox.com, what port does it report there?  That's what really matters - because that's what SlingMedia will use when trying to connect your remote SlingCatcher to your SlingBox.   And does that page show an error?   If all is well here, then your remote SlingCatcher should be okay.   Oh, and it MUST also say Internet Viewing | Set Up Complete: Yes

When you say "I am streaming TCP", do you mean that SlingPlayer, when in a remote location, shows TCP when you hit Alt-Shitf-I ?    If so, SlingCatcher should work fine.

GaryMO Newbie

Alano -  Where does my port show on when I log in, as well as the "Internet Viewing" display?  I'm not getting to that page after I log in.  Yes, when I hit the Alt-Shift-I while Sling Player is running, it says TCP streaming.

alano Newbie

I think Sling's website is playing up - it is currently claiming I have no SlingBoxes!    Grrrrrrrr!

Perhaps try again later.   In the "Support" tab, your should, after a few seconds of it "thinking", see something like "Slingbox Information...", then a whole load of helpful technical information about your SlingBox.

If you've got a TCP stream showing on your remote SlingPlayer then it should mean that your port forwarding is setup correctly, and SlingCatcher will work

alano Newbie

SlingMedia's Support site is now displaying Slingbox Info again.   This is what mine looks like (double-click image to see more clearly)...

Image1.jpg

GaryMO Newbie

I do not get any of that personalized data that you are showing.  WTF!  I have an established long-running Sling account.  Why on earth would it not be showing on that page?  Guess I'll have to email Sling customer service.  Man, I hate having to do that.

alano Newbie

Try clicking your account name on the Support website (top right corner of my screenshot), then selecting "Slingbox Directory" and adding your Slingbox to your account (if it's not already listed).  Then go back to the main Support tab.

However... SlingMedia seem to be having real trouble with their website today... I cannot get to Slingbox Directory at the moment - their website just times out.   Grrrrrrrrr (again!).