5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2016 8:25 PM by kcdubya RSS

Gang-Hu

jhbushnell

I have order a HDMI splitter from Gang-Hu. Which is the only company that slingbox recommends. I have only received a confirmation email about the transaction, but have not received any info on shipping, or anything else for that matter of the product. The money has already been drafted out of my account. I would just like some kind of communication from them. Even if it has only been a few days its already paid for.  Has anyone else purchased from Gang-Hu? Did you have any communication issues with this company?

• Re: Gang-Hu
          wbmansour

I ordered mine and it came in a couple of days later.  Ca to Tx.

kcdubya

Ordered on Aug 15th.  Received order confirmation immediately.  They have not charged by CC yet.  Emailed them on Aug 17th and 19th asking for an estimated ship date. So far no reply

jhbushnell

I called slingbox and talked to a sales rep. He told me they will respond to all emails and they have not had a problem with them yet.  I had already sent two emails prior to talking to the sales rep at slingbox.  After talking with him I sent a third email to Gang-hu.  I received a email from them the next day saying it was shipped 3 day priority mail. It came in on Saturday. Good luck

kcdubya

So how many days was it from the date the order was placed until the order was delivered?

Thanks.

Ken

kcdubya

OK....so I finally have my Xfinity XG2 cablebox working with my Slingbox 500. 

I ended up using an HDMI splitter (1-in/2-out) in combination with an HDMI to Component Converter. I ended up using components from Radio Shack, but I guess any brand would work. 

It cost me a little more than the Gangu-Hu box, but the customer support from Gang-Hu was so bad I finally cancelled my order - 3+ email messages and no response for ~2 weeks and then telling me there was some problem with my CC number and needed me to reenter order, indicating once I reentered order they would ship out the order the next day, not shipping order as promised after ~4 more days and several email messages, not even having the courtesy to confirm my cancellation, etc.  My suggestion is that you simply stay away from them despite the recommendation from Slingbox.

Incidentally I was not particularly happy with Slingbox's support either.  I called them to see if they had any alternative recommendations, like the one above that worked for me, since Gang-Hu clearly had product fulfillment issues.   Said they didn't, couldn't comment on the approach that ended up working for me, and didn't seem particularly receptive to my request to look into alternative solutions.

In any case it all works now!! :-)